Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How low can the press go, Killer a TS? (JonBenet Ramsey story)

Started by beth, August 20, 2006, 11:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaunte

Quote from: Shannon on August 20, 2006, 08:51:06 PM
I hope that clinic does go out of business.  I don't care if it was that Doctor or one of his staff members who leaked this stuff to the press.  They should be held accountable.  The media always will put a slant on something that they do not understand and play it up that way no matter what.  They have always done this for years.  As a good example of their misrepresentation of hard facts, when there is a plane crash that makes world news, it amazes me just how many aviation experts the media gets to come out of the woodwork.  Their aviation experts know so much more than all the investigators at the crash site will ever know.  Yeah Right, sure it happened just like you said!!!!   Almost makes me want to laugh...NOT!!!  >:(  As for Mr. Karr, I don't see his confession holding water.  I think he is one of those wachos that will say and do anything just to get his 15 minutes of fame. 

Shannon

We need to remember that the purpose of having a news program is to sell advertising.  It may sound cynical, but it is the absolute truth.  My soon to be ex-SO used to work at a television station in marketing/sales.  This is the position that many, if not most, station owners take.  If they can get a few more dollars by upping market share with a sensationalized story, so much the better!

Here in the U. S. many/most people prefer a good story over a straight presentation of the facts.  THat's why if you want to get the straight scoop on the US news, you listen to the BBC!

Chaunte

(Steph & Dennis, I don't know enough about the CBC to use them as an example, but I suspect that they deliver the facts without the political slant as well.)
  •  

Buffy

Unfortunately the press, media will always go as low as it can to sell a story by sensationalism.

Regardless of whether the guy is guilty or not or just mentally unstable, the link to transsexualism with a "potential" child killer is only bad in my view.There is enough negative perception around as it stands already.

Buffy
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: Buffy on August 20, 2006, 09:55:49 PM
Unfortunately the press, media will always go as low as it can to sell a story by sensationalism.

Regardless of whether the guy is guilty or not or just mentally unstable, the link to transsexualism with a "potential" child killer is only bad in my view.There is enough negative perception around as it stands already.

Buffy

Absolutely.

Chaunte
  •  

Kate Thomas

QuoteI hope that clinic does go out of business.  I don't care if it was that Doctor or one of his staff members who leaked this stuff to the press.  They should be held accountable.

the acountability will likely be done at the bank.

I would venture to say that his rates will go up. the Doctor has just recevd a great amount of free world wide advertisment.  You just can't buy such attention.   the world press will be banging on his door for any other tidbit the doctor might cough up. most of his prospective clients wont have any skeletons in the closet to worry about.

If  Karr is convicted will he become a high profile prisoner wanting to transion in prison?
that would not be good.

the press has yet to reach its low on this story.
Kate Alice   
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

Shannon

Quote from: KateAlice on August 20, 2006, 10:10:36 PM
If  Karr is convicted will he become a high profile prisoner wanting to transion in prison?
that would not be good.

Kate Alice

If Karr is convicted he will be way too busy looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life to worry about transioning in prison.  The other inmates will be gunning for him wherever they get a chance.  Thats exactly what happened to Jeffery Dahlmer, a more infamous child killer. 

Shannon

[edit]Susan: Fixed quotes[/edit]
  •  

tinkerbell

QuoteThe guy looks like a transsexual possibly even wearing a bra under his shirt and lipstick...

Wow...if these two things qualified someone to be transsexual, I'm sure there wouldn't be any non-transsexuals walking the streets.

More reading boys and girls.......

JonBenet

•  

taylor

I have read information in various places that the TS population are considered one of the most NON violent populations there are...I just for the life of me cannot remember where I have read this at different times.

I think it would be good to respond to the media and have it known that just because someone was insane and asking for SRS does not mean that they are TS and a part of the TS population, and that if this individual went out of the country, it may have been for more than a lower cost for surgery, but that the US doctors had refused him in all likeliness realizing that this person was sick and not TS.  As well those doctors would not be talking due to patient confidentuality.

Peace,

Taylor
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: taylor on August 20, 2006, 10:50:38 PM
I think it would be good to respond to the media and have it known that just because someone was insane and asking for SRS does not mean that they are TS and a part of the TS population,
Peace,

Taylor

And also let's not forget that a criminal facing lethal injection, the gas chamber,  or the electric chair will try to do the impossible to disappear for good, changing his documentation, his appearance, and even his sex, and  needless to say this does not make them TS of any kind either.

tinkerbell
  •  

taylor

You Know Tinkerbell that was exactly my first reaction to this story. I thought, well if you were going to try and get away with murder that involves a sex crime and DNA, that would be a pretty effective way to give it a shot.   Extreme true, but then we are talking about an insane dude!

Peace,

Taylor
  •  

LostInTime

I watched some of the cable coverage, but never heard about the fact that he was looking for SRS or some kind of treatment.

My first therapist used to do background checks on all new clients.  Anyone with a history of sexual violence or pedophilia would not make it through with her.  The big reason is that children usually trust women a bit quicker than they do men (the majority of her trans clients were M2F, do not ever remember meeting or her mentioning any F2Ms).

Posted at: August 21, 2006, 10:01:06 AM

Another news article.

The suspect in the killing of JonBenet Ramsey visited a clinic to have facial hair permanently removed in preparation for a sex-change operation, a doctor said Monday.
  •  

buddJT

I also thought this was a false confession.  To me this fits the profile of someone who is very confused about what he is feeling in terms of his sex like denail.  He obviously wants to transition to be a female, if he is going through facial and planning SRS.  From the reading I have done this seems to be the denial phase of transitioning where you would rather go to jail and just become somebody's girlfriend so you can just convince yourself you had no choice but to submit instead of go through SRS at your own will, where you have the choice not to do it or make a decision on your life that you can't handle. 
I thought this prior to reading all the SRS news about him coming out of Thai.  I am a bit surprised a lot of people don't recognize this behavior.   
  •  

beth

The facts seem to be he visited the clinic for facial laser treatment. Apparently he told them it was because he was going to transition. I am hoping he has no transgender feelings and the laser treatments were related to his facination with children. He has said the following,

Quote"Maybe I am not going back but have simply stayed consistent," Karr responded. "My peer group has not changed since I was a little boy, and girls were the people I was with always. Referring to them as a peer group is somewhat incorrect, but might also be the very definition of what they continue to be in my life."

He obviously couldn't go into the clinic and admit he wants to be with children as the reason for laser treatments. I am hoping this is it and he will be admitting he is not transgendered.

•  

Melissa

This is one reason I'm not so vocal about my unusual history.  There are people who know, but I don't generally tell anybody new that I meet at this point.  If they figure it out and ask me, I won't deny it because I'm not ashamed, but I'm not going around telling everyone nor making it obvious.  Stuff like this just scares me.

Melissa
  •  

Sheila

I looked the so called Dr. up on Google. He is no doctor. He has had his license revolked and is running his clinic illegally. This is why it is so cheap. They should have done it to him, OK Sheila none of that.
Sheila
  •  

taylor

This morning it was reported on National news  that the family states it is impossible for him to have committed the crime because he was in fact with them in GA at the time of her death in CO. I believe that they are going to find that this guy was nowhere near the murder scene...what I have to ask myself is why they spent the money to bring him back without evidence. And if the family can refute it so quickly, why were they not asked well before???

They also interviewed a woman that he married when she was 13 ( 1985) and he was 18 or 19.  Her parents were on with her, and it was pretty sick to hear what this dude was like. She did not marry him for any other reason than the family was in deep fear of him.  This guy just gets sicker and sicker as more comes out.  It is my belief that the TS thing will not be the front part of this story, it has so many in's and outs to it. Well at least I sure hope not. Oh and yes the family did go to the authorities, ...I will refrain from commenting on that.

Peace

Taylor
  •  

Tiffany2

I can't help but think back to seeing this on the news.

The newsman referred to Karr as a "pervert."

It's a shame because now some of us that live in areas of open hostility towards the transgender community have more ammunition dumped into their laps of those who wish to play judge, jury and executioner.

Even though this man has been found to have made a false confession the damage he has done is horrific towards many.

It's a shame that a little girl was murdered and that her killer is loose but it is also a shame that now certain areas will be far more dangerous for those who had nothing to do with it but merely fall within "labeling."

Tiffany
  •  

Sophie

Quote"Many high-publicity crimes have these people coming out of the woodwork," said Elizabeth Loftus, director of the Center for Psychology and Law at the University of California-Irvine.
"These people"? Oh, very nice. That's us, I presume.

I don't know what to make of this whole thing.
Karr sounds a bit nuts, for sure.

Whoever did do it, send 'em down. The issue the press should focus on is the fact that this poor girl died, and her killer needs to be brought to justice.
  •  

RebeccaFog

I ignored this story from the first because the media clowns always hype, extrapolate, and call on thier slimy experts when they want to masturbate for thier viewers.  When they determined that Karr was just lying, I honestly thought he may be some wierdo who lied in order to get a free trip home.

If Taylor's information about Karr's first wife is correct and Karr was able to scare a teenage girl's family into allowing him to marry thier daughter, then I would think the man is definately not transsexual. I don't know every transsexual on earth (or even more than 1, personally), and, I'm sure there are a lot of us who suffer from serious mental illnesses, but, terrorizing a family in order to possess thier child doesn't sound right to me. The man should be female minded if he was a transsexual. I'm no doctor, but it seems to me that Karr was demonstrating some of the worst male traights. I mean no offence to the good men here on this site. It's just that the feminine mind tends to direct destructive energy inwards.

I was also reminded of Micheal Jackson. When he had his first surgeries, it was thought that he was heading towards becoming a woman, but it turns out that he has some kind of obsessive condition that causes him to continue trying to perfect his appearance (this is my own assessment). I guess a person could theorize that Jackson was trying to keep himself young and innocent looking in order to easier connect with the children he likes to associate with. Maybe that was Karr's intent as someone else pointed out. He was driven toward some facial surgeries in order to help facilitate his relationships with children because he thinks he's thier peer.
  I'm not insinuating with the above paragraph that Micheal Jackson messes with children. I could never tell if he was guilty because of the way the lousy media muddied up the whole case.

I hate most all of the media.

I know this is a serious topic. I mean no offense to anyone anywhere. I apologize ahead of time if I incorrectly expressed one of my opinions.

•  

umop ap!sdn

Quote from: RebeccaFog on October 01, 2006, 07:37:39 PMIf Taylor's information about Karr's first wife is correct and Karr was able to scare a teenage girl's family into allowing him to marry thier daughter, then I would think the man is definately not transsexual.

the feminine mind tends to direct destructive energy inwards.
I agree; another tendency we have is to empathize with people and strongly resist doing mean things (although I believe that most guys have this too :) ).
  •