Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

We can only wish

Started by Susan, July 14, 2005, 02:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Mystery 'sex change' has curious flocking to Myanmar monk-to-be
Thursday July 14, 2005 (0039 PST)

Thin Sandar, a chicken seller in Myanmar, had always dreamed of being a man. When she inexplicably grew a male organ last month, the 21-year-old treated it as an awe-inspiring omen  as have the thousands of stunned villagers who have travelled to a pagoda to see him.

"On the morning of the full moon day of June 21, I noticed my thing (sex organ) was not the same as before," Thin Sandar, who now goes by the male name Than Sein, told AFP in an interview at his home. "And my breasts disappeared," Than Sein added. "So I called out and showed it all to my mom and dad. It was very strange." Strange enough that he has attracted significant attention in this deeply superstitious country, where the unexplained can quickly be exalted to hold powerful spiritual significance.

People privately concede Than Sein is genderless. Several medical experts have examined him, and he awaits test results from the central women's hospital. But few have come forward with a medical explanation of the transformation as they await an official report by the health ministry, whose experts have also examined Than Sein. "We can not say right now if she has really undergone a sudden gender change," said a township official that declined to be named, adding that Than Sein's birth certificate shows that he was born a girl. [Read More]
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

stephanie_craxford

So that's what's wrong.  I guess I haven't been dreaming hard enough.  :)  I'm checking the callendar as I post this, so you will know what I'll be doing during the next full moon.  The other poiint to ponder about this miraculous event is just think of the money she saved.   :)
  •  

VeryGnawty

This does not surprise me.  The mind is a very powerfull thing.

Obviously, I need to be consulting with Than Sein about technique.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Kendall

I do believe in some psycho-somatic abilities (some sicknesses, digestive, head aches, breathing, etc) , possibly hypnosis effects on the unconscious or some lesser bodily functions and behavior.

So I guess I need to up my dreaming and switch from selling books to chicken. You know all those KFC fast food workers are changing bodies all the time.... hehe JK.
  •  

simplydani

In the words of an old comic book hero.

SHAZAM!!

*looks around*  Back to meditation for me.
  •