Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Intersex boy on HOUSE

Started by Anoulie, February 27, 2009, 11:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoulie

This is so scary. I didn't have anything to do today so I just browsed through some websites, including this forum, and I read some topics in the Intersex Forum. Two hours later, we started watching an episode of House that we had recorded, from Tuesday, 2/24/2009 (FOX). It was about a thirteen-and-a-half year old boy, named Jackson... did any one see that? I was just kind of freaked because of that coincidence  ;D

For those who haven't seen that episode:
In the "prologue", there's this doctor guy talking to a couple - the wife had just given birth to a baby. He tells them about the baby being intersex (I don't remember him saying anything specific, sorry), and they are somewhere between ??? and  :( ...
13 years later, we meet the same couple in a middle school gym, watching a basketball game. We see a young boy, very... petite (I thought he looked like a mouse ;D )... He scores the last, uh, point? like one second before the game is over, and he's sooo happy, but then he passes out in the middle of the court, and is taken to the hospital... He has some kind of "pelvic pain" (I was like, maybe, if he has ovaries, he just got his first period and there was no where for the blood to get out... ? Although, I guess, you wouldn't pass out because of that).
By the way, his parents never told him that he was born intersex. He thinks the testosterone shots he gets are vitamins... and he doesn't even enjoy basketball that much, he wanted to dance, but his mom made him do either basketball or hockey. She wants him to become a "man". His dad would have been okay with it... Oh, and did I mention he's suicidal, too?
Meanwhile, House takes methadone, which is some kind of drug that's legal but really dangerous and may be lethal (it stops lung function or something), because it eliminates his leg pain... Some lady whose name I forgot says she'll fire him if he doesn't stop taking that, so he says he'll quit.
And they did like a scan for a blind uterus (his parents wanted that), but he doesn't have one, then they do this thing where they shove a tiny camera up his penis (ewww), and he has like a heart failure or something... While he's in the hospital, he develops all these other symptoms: Heart, kidney & liver problems, blood vomiting...

That's as far as I got. Did anyone see the end?
Any other comments?

Love,
Katie
  •  

Jay

What season of House is this? As I have seen Seasons 1-4 already, and don't remember this episode at all..

Jay

•  

Anoulie

It's Season 5  ;D

You can see it online for free in a few days... Next Wednesday, March 4, I think.
http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=house

Should be Episode 16.

Katie

Post Merge: February 28, 2009, 12:07:03 PM

EDIT: Yes, it is Episode 16 from Season 5... It's called The Softer Side (lol).
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2009/02/26/015401.php
  •  

Jay

OMG there is a season 5? *JUMPS UP AND DOWN*

Thanks for that information Anoulie! ;D

Jay

•  

Susan

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Miniar

"Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States"

*sob*

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Jay

I cant watch them.. only available in the states :(

Jay

•  

Luc

Folks outside the U.S., try fancast.com. I don't know if it works in other countries, but it's worth a try, and they get all the House episodes, too.

If that doesn't work, pm me and I'll let you know where to get that episode.

SD
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •