Jessica's Wig

Started by wajdi, July 14, 2005, 03:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wajdi

Jess's wig got here yesterday.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Jessica.

That is such good news.  It will open up a whole new you to experiment with.  Of course looks don't make the woman but nice things make you feel nice and good about yourself.  Have fun, and don't let my previous comment on having "bad hair days" detur you from enjoying the new look.

Steph
  •  

Cassandra

Hello Jessica,

I know how excited you must be to have your new wig. I assume it's human hair, if so it can be styled shampooed,curled whatever you like. I don't know what style it is but whether short or long you can change them to suit your mood. They are usually left longer than the pictures in the catalogue so you can cut them to a suitable length for your face and head.
When it comes to cutting you may want to get a pro to do it the first time, then it's all up to you.

Next you'll probably go shopping, now that's my idea of fun, it has become one of my hobbies. Have fun!

Cassie
  •  

nicole_dianelle

good for u jessica. wear it with pride.

i too was thinking about getting a wig, though i'm not a big fan of them. by the time i made up my mind to get a wig my hair was already 8-9 inches long already so i just give up on a wig and now i'm just focusing on my natural hair.
  •  

Ellen

nicole thats the bext thing to do
i have a wig but my hair is getting much longer and soon i will get it styled
love ... Ellen
  •  

tiffani66

My hair is quite long; it falls to the middle of my back. 

I have one big problem, tho.  Because I have colored it a little too often, my hair has become severely damaged and knots up like a badly rolled ball of string sometimes.

I know about using hot oil to correct the damage to my hair; I just have to find someone that I can trust to do it for me as I can never seem to do it properly on my own.

Some years ago, due to a rather nasty brush with someone whose hair was infested with head lice, I had to have my head completely shaved to remove the infernal pests.

For about eight or nine months following the shaving of my head, I wore a wig to present more realistically as a female within the many communities in which I was a member.  The wig was obviously a wig in my case, yet I can remember receiving honest complements about the wig itself from many of the people that I knew.

I agree with something that nicole_Danielle has said, and I quote, "Wear it with pride."  It will be a part of your life, your presentation of yourself to others.  Take care of it and it wil carry you through until your hair reaches a length where the wig will no longer be needed.

Tiffani
  •  

ginaroxx79

Congratulations! I remember what getting a wig did for my self-image. When I no longer needed it I gave it to a friend who was just beginning her transition. Have fun experimenting...I know I did. ;D
  •