Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

It's Official

Started by stephanie_craxford, July 15, 2005, 10:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

It's a great day.

Today I recieived the documents that officially change my name to Stephanie Phyllis Craxford.  I am sooooooo happy, now I have to contact everyone who need to know this information.  The first place is Human Resources and Developement Canada (HRDC) to get a new Social Insurance Number under my new name.  After that it's a matter of going down the list, layers, doctors, banks, etc...

Do I seem happy  :) :) :)

Steph
  •  

4years

Yay Stephanie! A very important step indeed (=
  •  

Kendall

Congrats Stephanie Phyllis Craxford
  •  

Dennis

congrats Steph! Now to go through your wallet and find every piece of ID that means a new place to send the name change certificate too. I wish I lived in the same province as you so I could just give you unlimited certified copies for free. That's one plus with being a lawyer.

If a BC certified copy would do you any good anywhere (perhaps federally) and you can't find a place to get it done for free, feel free to PM me.

Dennis
  •  

kitten

aaarrrggggggghhhhhh!!!

Steph, you rat, you beat me to the punch by TWO (count 'em 2) days!

my paperwork is due on Monday!

no, seriously, congrats!  .... if you're a member of the same animal species as me, you have been nervously figuring out what order each piece of paper needs to be altered so that your paychecks don't bounce, your bill payments are honoured, and the ID of daily life is available seamlessly ...  ::)
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Thanks evreyone for the kind words, and your offer Dennis. 

And Kitten you are such a nut :)  Na, na, na, na , na ... :) 

My wife and I were thinking the same thing, making a list of everything we have to change, making sure that we don't miss anything.  Hope the list isn't too long.  I'll be leaving for Toronto, for a course today, and I won't be back until next Friday,  so I'll send you my congrats now Kitten on your pending good news.  I'll catch up with you then.

Thanks again everyone.

Steph
  •  

ChefAnnagirl

Deeply heartfelt and Loving congratulations Stephanie -

I visualize every single day of moments like this yet to come for myself...
Thanks always for your loving and warmly mature and stable input on many topics... Really good to have you here - I feel comforted by your presence and think you are quite beautiful...

Lovingly Always,

Annagirl
Level the playing field
  •  

Maura Hartman

An "Atta Girl" for you Stephanie, Allow us all to be vicariously proud for you, this is a wonderful moment in your new young life!
  •  

gina_taylor

Congadulations for ya Stephanie. I'm really excited for you. Take every day as a new step forward to achieving your new life into womanhood!  :)

Gina
  •  

Denise01

Congratulations Steph  on yet another mile stone in your life.

I am so happy for you and sure that you  feel much better now that you are legally you.

Keep up the good work, and  lots of care.

Hoping that some day I will be able to be in your position, and  be able to change  my name as well

Regards  Denise
  •  

kitten

Steph ... i caught up!  got my Change of Name Certificate on Monday!

feels strange, i *am* Eleanor not just prefer it, a distinct sense of identity shift, then terror, then realisation that nothing bad happened.

and i changed the name on my power bills to be Ms Eleanor ...

so now for the rest of the plastique ...
  •  

Dennis

Congratulations Eleanor K. Feline!

/hugs,

Dennis
  •  

Cassandra

Way to go Step and Ellen.

It's onward and upward for the both of you, or is that outward? Inward? Oh well, whatever direction there all good as long as there positive. Congrats to both of you.

Now if I can just get my ass over to the courthouse I might do the same thing.
It's easy here you just fill out the form pay your twenty bucks and it's a done deal. Easy right, so why haven't I done it. DL car reg. etc. etc. Just can't find the time for all that. But you girls inspire me. Maybe I'll do that this week.

Keep it up your almost there.

Cassie
  •  

Denise01

Congratulations Kitten or should I say Eleanor now.

Now that you have the name change, it is another big step in your lifes journey and I am so happy for you and that you can now  go about as Eleanor, and know that is the real you.

I look forward to the day that I may post the same happy mesaage

Denise
  •  

4years

Yay Eleanor!
Another important step! (=
  •  

Cailyn

Congrats Stephanie and Eleanor!  The name change is a big moment given how integral our names are to our identities--of course, this is true of anyone.  Now the fun begins, getting the word out, changing all your documentation, calling or sending out notices so that all of your business is conducted in the right name and all of your mail bears the right name.  It takes longer for family and friends to make the change.  I had some anxiety about the size of this step  but once it was legal, I couldn't move fast enough to erase my old name.

Good luck to both of you.

Cailyn
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: kitten on July 19, 2005, 10:24:26 AM
Steph ... i caught up! got my Change of Name Certificate on Monday!

feels strange, i *am* Eleanor not just prefer it, a distinct sense of identity shift, then terror, then realisation that nothing bad happened.

and i changed the name on my power bills to be Ms Eleanor ...

so now for the rest of the plastique ...

Congratulations Kitten, doesn't it feel great...  Like you I will be changing my name with all the relevant agencies, medical facilities, gov't offices, and of course at work.  I know for myself, getting a new social insurance number, then health card, and drivers license, will be the first.

Congrats again Kitten.

Steph
  •  

Dennis

Steph, do we actually get issued a different number by Social Insurance? Or is it just a card with the same SIN and new name?

Dennis
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hi Dennis.

It doesn't actually say on the HRDC web site, so I'm not sure if a new SIN will be issued, a name change is considered as an ammendment.  The actual SIN application has several check boxes to select as follows:

- First SIN card
- Replacement card
- Legal change of name (this is what I'm going for)
- Change of status
- Update to record (no card will be issued)
- change to the expiry date
- Other

But I will let you know the out come.

Steph.
  •  

Suekie

Belated congratulations, I just joined, and I know how you feel.
Sue.
  •