Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

large communities

Started by kristiana, July 16, 2005, 11:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kristiana

Hi, I was just curious, what areas would have the largest TG community in the US, or even in Canada for that matter? I was thinking San Francisco, but I'm really not sure. Anyone have any thoughts?

Kristie
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Kristiana.

Hmmmmmmmmmm   I can't answer that without doing a little digging.  However the largest communities are probably located in our three largest cities: Montreal, Toronto,  and Vancouver, but that's just a guess on my part.  So what do my fellow Canadians think.

I know that in Enterprise, Ontario there is only One - Me... :)

Steph
  •  

Dennis

I concur, Steph, probably Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal.

In my small town (of 30,000) there are three FtM's and one MtF that I know of.

Dennis
  •  

4years

Hello Kristiana and welcome to Susan's most wonderful Place (=

For what it is worth, US side I understand San Francisco, Portland and Seattle to have a decent presence.
Closest town to me would seem to have 7MtF in the area and this place is the back of beyond, but in-between San Francisco and Portland so mayhaps that accounts for some of it.

Please feel free to join in on the conversations (=
  •  

Terri-Gene

And approximately where would that be 4years? I'm thinking Redding/Chico area possibly.  I'm in Sac and we have tons of support groups and such around here, though they are mostly CD/TV related. I don't associate with any of these other then the inevitable encounters as they don't seem to understand my non interest in makeup, clothing and shoes and I'd just rather leave them to thier fun and games without being sarcastic about getting a clue.

But yes, anywhere in and around the Bay Area, and L.A. area are definitly "hot spots" in California, though there are many towns and places in this state which haven't come much out of the mid 20th centry in regards to GBLT peoples, and east of Sac, and between Sac and L.A. the lines are pretty well drawn also, some areas more then others.

Terri
  •  

4years

Redding... I think I've mentioned that before... old boards though come to think of it.
I know of no support groups in the area; Chico should have one but near, that is not ;)
  •  

beth

QuoteRedding...

Watch out for Bigfoot!!!!!!!!!!

;D   beth
  •  

4years

Bah, no worries.. far too many people about for bigfoot visitations. Though, what I worry about is the mountain lions...
  •  

Denise01

hi:

I agree that in Canada the three largest cities with a transgendered community would be Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.

In the small village that I live close to I am sure that I am the only one,.
Unfortunately small communities are not too accepting of transgendered persons, and we all have to go a distance to larger cities to even shop

Denise Love
  •  

Cassandra

Hi All,

The largest center of TG communities in the US is Miami/West Palm Beach. We lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for about 10 years and although there is a large gay community I don't recall that the TG community was all that big. L.A. by comparison had a much larger community than S.F.

Cassie
  •  

plasticreality

both boston and los angeles (i've lived in both places) have pretty large number of tgs and lots of support groups, etc. there's more of a support network in boston....
  •  

kristiana

Thanks for all the helpful info everyone!!!!!

Kristie :)
  •