Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A pre-chosen life?

Started by Pica Pica, May 04, 2009, 05:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisagurl

Quoteand a posh-nob will always have a better opportunity to everyone else...

Not always. Some posh-nobs are idiots and squander the family fortune. ( ex. Woolworth)   Perhaps who you know works better than what you know but then folks like Clinton and Obama were not born with a silver spoon like Bush. But then someone with an IQ of Bush would never have been President without family.
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Pica Pica on May 04, 2009, 05:53:45 PM
Okay, I was on a chat room and someone said that everyone has equal opportunities, and I said that they very much did not, and a posh-nob will always have a better opportunity to everyone else...

They responded thus...

it depends on how you see things I think that before you are born you chose your basic life path for the lessons you have to learn once you are you use your free will to pursue what you desire

Essentially, she believes that we choose our lives with certain parameters and lessons want to learn and then live it.

Now I think it is totally insane, cuckoo nut-job, and possibly one of the most cuckoo, insane, nutjob things that I have heard in a week of hearing cuckoo, insane nut-job things. But can anyone else make it sound any less barmy?

sounds like, before that person was born, their mother may have indulged a little too much with alcohol.

Post Merge: June 10, 2009, 10:30:00 PM

Quote from: lisagurl on May 04, 2009, 07:45:06 PM
It contains more than you can imagine. Plus everything you are not aware of as well as things you will never know.

How dare you question the quality of my education?    :P
  •  

Pica Pica

Quote from: Krisstina on June 09, 2009, 01:58:50 PM

Soundslike Ekenkar

I have an Ekenkar pop song somewhere called 'For Those At the Grassroots', sounds like Kermit the frog singing nutty religious songs.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

CrimsonRose

Ive Always held the idea that we are given our life to make of it what we will and that the more we appreciate the choices we can make is what matters. It upsets me some of the time to hear things like every choice we make was pre-determined or that everything in life is just what we chose it.
  •  

Ell

Quote from: Pica Pica on May 04, 2009, 06:32:32 PM
What's the paradox of life?

the paradox is that we are so freakin' amazing biochemically, etc., etc., and at the same time, our lives are wasted in insignificant jobs, petty animosities, ridiculous hatreds, absurd habits. and, of course, the higher you go up in the system, the more damage you can cause. "success" means very little.

-ell
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: ell on June 28, 2009, 12:41:36 AM
the paradox is that we are so freakin' amazing biochemically, etc., etc., and at the same time, our lives are wasted in insignificant jobs, petty animosities, ridiculous hatreds, absurd habits. and, of course, the higher you go up in the system, the more damage you can cause. "success" means very little.

-ell

success means there are corpses piled at your feet.
  •  

Ell

Quote from: Rebis on June 28, 2009, 03:05:38 PM
success means there are corpses piled at your feet.
yeah, what Rebecca said
  •  

fluffy jorgen

Success is only when you improve your own life without damaging somebody else's. Otherwise it can not be called success.
  •