Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

*shudders* ringworm

Started by phantom_heart, May 14, 2009, 07:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_heart

Okay so i've had this ringworm spot just one for nearly 4 months now. I cant seem to get rid of the damned thing. I went straight to the walk in clinic and he prescribed stuff for it. It was a cream. I used it like it said but it wasnt really helping. It suddenly started to itch. So i went back to the same dr. He gave me something new again a cream. It didnt work i used it until i ran out. Now its HUGE and red and itchy and i want the bloody thing to go away. Is there anything i can ask for? this ringworm is in a really wierd spot. Its on my stomach but its high up like just below my breast. So when i put creams on it i have to lay there with it uncovered for whoever long i can stand it than put something like a blanket or a shirt over me. I'm afraid mabie it rubs off a bit. >.< I dont know so confused. Any help would be great ^_^
  •  

Steph

Quote from: phantom_heart on May 14, 2009, 07:39:06 AM
Okay so i've had this ringworm spot just one for nearly 4 months now. I cant seem to get rid of the damned thing. I went straight to the walk in clinic and he prescribed stuff for it. It was a cream. I used it like it said but it wasnt really helping. It suddenly started to itch. So i went back to the same dr. He gave me something new again a cream. It didnt work i used it until i ran out. Now its HUGE and red and itchy and i want the bloody thing to go away. Is there anything i can ask for? this ringworm is in a really wierd spot. Its on my stomach but its high up like just below my breast. So when i put creams on it i have to lay there with it uncovered for whoever long i can stand it than put something like a blanket or a shirt over me. I'm afraid mabie it rubs off a bit. >.< I dont know so confused. Any help would be great ^_^

Check out this site:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ringworm_on_body/page6_em.htm#Ringworm%20on%20Body%20Treatment

One of many.

-={LR}=-
Enjoy life and be happy.  You won't be back.

WARNING: This body contains nudity, sexuality, and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised. And I tend to rub folks the wrong way cause I say it as I see it...

http://www.facebook.com/switzerstephanie
  •  

JodieBlonde

Since this situational condition and recommendation is NOT medical nor is it to be considered anything more than a topical application - there should be no restriction on this advice. Anecdotally this is nothing more than an externally-applied salve much like makeup and cosmetics, which will have no USDA regulations or restrictions.

RINGWORM Symptoms and/or Aggravating Conditions thereof,  ~ Advice often given to prevent ringworm includes:

* Avoidance of sharing clothing, sports equipment, towels, or sheets.
    * Washing clothes in hot water with fungicidal soap after suspected exposure to ringworm.
    * Avoidance of walking barefoot, wearing of appropriate protective shoes to the beach and flip-flops (thongs) in locker rooms.[2][3][4][4]
    * After being exposed to places where the potential of being infected is great [5], one should wash with an antibacterial and anti-fungal soap or one that contains Tea Tree Oil, which contains terpinen-4-o

I cured ringworm a few times for the kids in Mexico and (even my neighborhood) when I lived in Newport Beach, CA. I worked with a doctor- "Without Borders" type who had clinics there to treat kids who had no access to medical help and nutritional needs.

Go to your drugstore and get the pharmacist to sell you a tablespoon of "Potassium Permanganate, Reagent Quality" and take note that if you ask for much more than that, you need to fill out Federal Explosives reports for the FBI.

It is NOT a prescribed drug nor can it be used for recreational purposes.

Don't worry - it's not explosive either - but it can be used to make some nice colors in fireworks if you were so inclined along with a lot of other (and un-posted) ingredients here. It creates a nice greenish-blue hue in fireworks.

It is also a European chemical that is used to cleanse fresh fruits and vegetables much like produce is washed here with chlorinated water - that's how "dangerous" it is! Really!

From WIKI:
QuoteUses

Almost all applications of potassium permanganate exploit its oxidizing properties.[2] As a strong oxidant that does not generate toxic byproducts, KMnO4 has many niche uses. One of the uses can be said to be as a fixative.

[edit] Disinfectant and water treatment

As an oxidant, potassium permanganate can act as a disinfectant. For example, dilute solutions are used to treat canker sores (ulcers), disinfectant for the hands and treatment for mild pompholyx, dermatitis,[3][4] and fungal infections of the hands or feet.[5] Potassium permanganate, obtainable at pool supply stores, is used in rural areas to remove iron and hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell) from well and waste water.

Anyway - take a few grains of it (it's course and sandy-textured like raw sugar), and make a small paste of it with some water.

Soak a cotton ball with it and paint it on the ringworm site. Now take a piece of that pore-tape that they use now instead of surgical adhesive tape for small wounds and such and just bandage the cotton ball to the center of the area where the ringworm is.

Leave it there overnight and try to not get it wet in the shower. Not a problem really - it just dilutes the chemicals.

Potassium permanganate will loose it's effectiveness in direct sunshine or after it is wet in about 12-14 hours or so.

Your skin will prolly become a little purple for a day or so, but the ringworm will be gone!

You MIGHT have to repeat the treatment if the fungus is really deeply entrenched though.

Here's a Wiki note on it:
QuoteRingworm is a fungal infection of the skin in humans and domestic animals such as sheep and cattle. Fungi are organisms that survive by eating plant or animal material. Those that cause parasitic infection (dermatophytes) feed on keratin, the material found in the outer layer of skin, hair, and nails. These fungi thrive best on skin that is warm and moist. This condition has been prevalent since before 1906, at which time ringworm was treated with compounds of mercury.

Here's a warning to NOT make mistakes about this condition and use the wrong "cure"

QuoteMisdiagnosis and treatment of ringworm with a topical steroid*can result in tinea incognito, a condition where ringworm fungus will grow without typical features like a distinctive raised border.

* NOTE: Topical steroids are the topical forms of corticosteroids. Topical steroids are the most commonly prescribed topical medications for the treatment of rash, eczema, and dermatitis. Topical steroids have antiinflammatory properties, and are classified based on their vasoconstriction abilities.[1] There are numerous topical steroid products, and the number increases daily. All the preparations in each class have the same antiinflamatory properties, but essentially differ in base, and price.

•