Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Lotro Online

Started by Kendall, May 18, 2009, 09:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendall

Lord of the Rings Online:
Refreshing to go into a game already knowing the history and backstory. Normally I have to learn the back story such as; Who is fighting whom? What are the gods? What are the main cities? What towns are inbetween? What does the map look like? Who are the main NPCs and why are they important?

Mechanics of the game seems standard. Class and race availability mediocre. Character customization is pretty good. World size is pretty big. Quest system is extensive. Involving plot influence from the original story, as well as new envisioned stories.

Not the best game ever, though to me the best storyline so far.

If you have read the books or seen the first movie, some of the content will be familiar.

Anyway. I just wanted to mention it, though I know more play WoW and other games.

MMORPG Game Play Library: EQ, EQ2, WoW, AO, CoH, TR, RoM, VG, EaB, AC, DaoC, FFXI, GW, L2, MoM, SWG, MxO
  •  

Just Kate

LOTRO is fantastic and my PvE game of choice - mostly for the story, more realistic models, beautiful terrain and of course, the best story.
Ill no longer be defined by my condition. From now on, I'm just, Kate.

http://autumnrain80.blogspot.com
  •  

Miniar

Beta tested it and wasn't too disappointed. Considering going back and seeing if they have a trial.

Currently running the WAR trial (warhammer online).
And the COH/V trial, which I'm enjoying more.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •