News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

"Lip plumping" products

Started by sandra, May 24, 2009, 05:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandra

Hi all,  :)

Having dressed from my early 40s to early 60s but having thin lips, I have recently become interested in products that are supposed to make my lips more plump.  So far I have tried only one, from Avon, but it works well for me.  I am able to control how "plump" my lips get, and how quickly; and when I stop using the product, my lips gradually go back to normal.  Have you tried
any such products, which ones have you tried, and what have been the
results?

Thanks,

:icon_chick: Sandra
  •  

Feever

I tried one product, and had no luck with it.

I am interested in the product from Avon though, since I am cursed with thin lips as well.
  •  

Nero

I think most products just plumpen the lips for a short time. Another quick, cheap way to instantly plump lips is to take a towel right after you emerge from the shower and rub it across your lips to exfoliate.
After you apply lip color, take a drop of foundation or concealer and place it in the dead center of your bottom lip. It makes it appear fuller and prettier.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Feever

Quote from: Nero on May 24, 2009, 06:18:56 PM
After you apply lip color, take a drop of foundation or concealer and place it in the dead center of your bottom lip. It makes it appear fuller and prettier.

Wouldnt that cover the lip color?
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Feever on May 24, 2009, 06:23:27 PM
Wouldnt that cover the lip color?

No. just place a small drop in the center of the lip and blend very slightly. just the center. it lightens the lip color just in the center giving the illusion of fuller lips.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Feever

Ah-ha!

I see.

What can you do for a thin upper lip?
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Feever on May 24, 2009, 06:32:01 PM
Ah-ha!

I see.

What can you do for a thin upper lip?

You would want to make sure that you line it and fill it in completely with the lip color, and be careful to use a medium color - not too light or too dark.
  •  

Feever

So make a line where you want, and fill it in to give the appearance of fuller lips?

Should the liner be the same color as the lip color or darker or what?
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have tried everything it seems to make my lips look fuller.  And I have tried the different color trick.  But Nero's suggestion sounds interesting.  I will try it tomorrow.

Lining the lips seems to be the best so far.

Janet
  •  

barbie

I also have a thin and small lip. My tip to make it look plump is *smiling*.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Genevieve Swann

Outlining helps. I've never had a problem. Mother nature blessed me in that department. I got shorted elsewhere. Very short.

sandra

:) Feever--The Avon product (part of their "Beyond Color" line), is Plumping Lip Con-
ditioner.  The only designated active ingredient is octinoxate, a sunscreen
(SPF 15).  But there are small amounts of collagen and retinol.  They recommend using the product twice a day.  At that rate, it takes me a couple of
weeks to notice any difference.  If I want results sooner, I use it 4 or more
times a day.  My lips actually do "swell" a bit, and I can tell that if I used it
often for a long enough time, they would be obviously too plump.  There is a
companion product called Plumping Lipcolor, in 15 shades.  Regular price of either is $8.00, but it's frequently on sale--sometimes for 1/2 that amount.

Barbie--When all is said and done, you're right.  Even if one could be fixed up and
made up "perfectly," it's the smile that makes you radiant!

•  

Feever

That must be the problem  I never used any lip plumping product regularly.
  •  

Chrissty

I have found no OTC product that gives any physical effect.

The best ones make my lips tingle, and by being aware of them make me smile more, making them appear plumped.

...but he only thing that really worked for me was actually the crazy idea of stinging my lips with a wild plant called a "Nettle" in the UK. ::)

Guaranteed 50%+ inflation with a degree of numbness, but no good if you have any susceptibility to allergic reactions....So I'm afraid it's not to be recommended...sorry folks! :-\

But this was the effect that lasted around 4 to 5 hours...

Before

After

So with the right product...it can in theory be done! ::)

Chrissty
  •  

Chrissty

•  

sandra

:) Chrissty,

Thanks for the photos!  They are like the "before and after" I
have experienced with the Avon product.  But yes, to keep
the plumpness you have to keep using the product!

•  

Nicky

I heard that if you put vasaline (petroleum jelly) on your lips and leave it over night then your lips will be fuller in the morning.
  •  

Maryteresa

I'm in the Medical line, profession-wise, and I have done a course in 'Beauthetics', which basically involves the injection of Botox in selected areas of the upper face to reduce muscular induced lines there, also the injection by a different technique of collagen under the skin to plump up thinning flesh in the lower face to reduce troughing below the nose, wrinkling around the mouth, and of course, plumping of the lips.
This is very effective, lasts four to six months, and can be repeated regularly.   The drawback is that it is quite expensive to have done and requires a local anaesthetic, like for dental work.
  •  

Ms Jessica

something from MAC, don't recall the exact name.  Actually, not sure if they still carry it.  I think you can accelerate what the stuff does by getting a little hot air on it, maybe a little warm air, then reapply to keep it from wearing off too soon. 
The stuff from MAC tingles a bit. 
Probably not such a good thing, now that I think about it.  ;)
  •