News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Canadian Bishop Calls Parents to Action against Homosexual Indoctrination

Started by LostInTime, September 09, 2006, 06:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

...in Schools

he Archbishop of Vancouver has called on parents to protest the government's plan to mandate favorable teaching on homosexual, bisexual, and transsexual matters to children without the consent of parents. In an editorial in the B.C. Catholic Newspaper, this week, Archbishop Roussin, SM reminded B.C. parents that their rights to educate their children are "non-negotiable", and that they must take action during the government's consultation about the program engineered by two homosexual activists with unprecedented cooperation from the government.

[...]

However, Archbishop Roussin says that the agreement to allow the Correns to determine homosexual curricula for B.C. schools may jeopardize "the right of parents to determine how their children are educated", an issue which he said, "extends beyond our (Catholic) community and is worrisome for a broad range of faith groups, from other Christians to non-Christian groups."
  •  

Rana

All indoctrination is bad.
The devil is in the details here.  I wonder what is really ment by "favourable" teaching;  honest teaching would be preferable.

I think that parents do have the right to determine how their children are educated.  Or, more specifically children are (or should be) the most precious thing to their parents, so parents would have the most reason to ensure their children have the very best chances.   Parents, not others with no particular stake but maybe an axe to grind, or wheelbarrow to push.

That is my viewpoint. 

Rana
  •