Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Suicide

Started by Julie Marie, September 10, 2006, 09:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fer

You can\'t give every person that commits suicide a generalized opinion, and I don\'t think that you can judge people who commit suicide. It\'s circumstantial, has to do with mental issues, deals with family, environment, and what\'s going on through the person\'s head.  I, personally, don\'t frown upon people who commit suicide, because who knows the amount of pain they have expierienced, and even if you do...you can never fully put yourself into someone else\'s shoes. I dont condone suicide, I believe there are other ways to deal with your problems; but I don\'t judge people who commit it.
The laws of God, the laws of man, He may keep that will and can; Not I. Let God and man decree Laws for themselves and not for me; And if my ways are not as theirs Let them mind their own affairs. - A. E. Housman
  •  

Sarah Louise

Suicide doesn't usually "Just happen" it builds, it festers in your mind.  In my life I don't think I could "plan" suicide, it is the "one instant" or "moment" that worries me.

That one second when my mind is overwhelmed and reacts without thinking or planning.

That is what I told my therapist in am email the other day, just after I had to drop a knife I was using to cut meat because of the weird thoughts that started to go through my mind.

Sarah L.

----------------------------

Do you ever feel abandoned.  I know it isn't true, but I feel that way sometimes.  I am stressed today and my therapist had to cancel again.  It really isn't her fault, her mother is dying of cancer and only expected to live another week or two.

It gets hard, I can't write this to her, it isn't fair, she has enough problems of her own.

Don't mind me, just going through some self pity.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

rhonda13000

I decided to admit myself to the psych ward.  I feared my insurance wouldn't cover this if I went against medical advice so I agreed to follow the doctor's recommendation.  I'm happy I did.  It got me away from the bad influences in my life and helped break some very bad habits.

This is something which never occur with me.

Given what I have observed and experienced in over forty years, my contempt for the mental 'health' profession, runs very deep.

I have no options there now.

I acknowledge your rationale for 'keeping on keeping on' as I have stated as much myself, but a substantial part of me wants to find sufficient justification for closing this final chapter in the horror novel of my life and 'altruism' is an innately insufficient pretext for continuance.

•  

Charlie Nicki

Interesting thoughts on the subject. I guess a lot of us have contemplated this one way or another. I certainly know the thought invades my mind every once in a while when things get really tough emotionally but I know I won't do anything, I wouldn't want my family to suffer because of my decision. But the thought is certainly liberating.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Shambles

2bh its a real option for me, well posibility is prob the best word. I think about it alot, and know how i would do it. Between trans issues and finaltal stuff at home it just keeps building up. If 2 things happen in my life ( expect to know the 1st thing soon) i may be at plan z but we'll see how things go. The family aspect is hard though, i dont want to damage kids or lower their opinion of me. Never gonna ammit that in person with anyone though.

Theres only so much bad stuff the world can throw at someone before they loose faith in the world.
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Shambles on June 26, 2018, 09:11:54 AM
2bh its a real option for me, well posibility is prob the best word. I think about it alot, and know how i would do it. Between trans issues and finaltal stuff at home it just keeps building up. If 2 things happen in my life ( expect to know the 1st thing soon) i may be at plan z but we'll see how things go. The family aspect is hard though, i dont want to damage kids or lower their opinion of me. Never gonna ammit that in person with anyone though.

Theres only so much bad stuff the world can throw at someone before they loose faith in the world.
Agreed. Transition isn't easy...
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •