Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Is That a Kitten hanging out?

Started by Chaos_Dagger, June 14, 2009, 09:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos_Dagger

I'm not the one asking for the money. It's the Toronto Cat Rescue and here that price is cheap.  First off it's $150.00 Canadian.  Secondly when you get them, they will be full vaccinated and fixed.  The OSPCA asks for $250.00 for the same... so it's about $100.00 cheaper.  Once again, I'm not the one asking for the money, as I'll never even see it lol.
  •  

jonjon

They're so damn freakin cute! I miss working at the animal sanctuary and seeing the newborns. Wasn't fun cleaning them though >_<

And the ASPCA... That like the UK's RSPCA? Are they as terrible as the UK's??? Cos ours is absolutely disgraceful, i don't sing their praises what so ever.
Please check out my vampire novel project!

https://www.facebook.com/thickerthanbloodproject?ref=bookmarks

Please like, follow, share and support! :D
  •  

Mister

they're pretty good, jonjon.  some are better maintained than others, but they've got a good reputation for the most part.
  •  

jonjon

Well, it's good to know some organisation out there cares and does what it says. I've known countless reports of our RSPCA taking away well looked after pets because of neighboring feuds and pets that are beaten not done sh*t about even with photographic evidence. And then there was the cat the sanctuary i worked for took in to rehabilitate and rehome because the RSPCA were going to just put it down because it had a broken hip. They didn't want to pay for the vet fee's. And of course, being the reptile fan that i am, i'm very aware of the RSPCA petitioning for reptiles banned as pets in the UK. Yes, inexperienced idiots dont know how to care for them properly, but it just needs more consideration and maybe issue liscences and better knowledged reptile stores and maybe if they'd investigate the rep stores that keep their animals in very poor condition more often instead of letting them off to do what ever they want...

Sorry, a bit of a rant there. You can understand my annoyance at them though.
Please check out my vampire novel project!

https://www.facebook.com/thickerthanbloodproject?ref=bookmarks

Please like, follow, share and support! :D
  •  

phantom_heart

Hi all!! I wanted to break down the price for you a bit. Here in Ontario at least its about 150 just to spay or neauter a cat or kitten. Ontop of that they need there first shots and deworming. Vets charge around $65 just to see the kitten and 30 for the shot and 10 for the deworming. TCR (toronto cat rescue) is pretty much getting NOTHING for the cats. Its only covering the cost of treatment. TCR is totaly run by donations. We decided to foster because of all the cats being put down in animal control. Perfectly healthy cats. We actually have a kitten from the SPCA here and he costed us 250.00. If you get a kitten for free its going to cost more in the long run than adopting one at 150 with everything already done.

Anyways i love these little guys. We now have 10 cats. One that is ours and the rest are fosters. :)
  •  

V M

Knowing that they come with the initial vet care makes the price more understandable  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Chaos_Dagger

Quote from: Virginia Marie on June 17, 2009, 07:25:06 PM
Knowing that they come with the initial vet care makes the price more understandable  :)
Yea sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't mean for you to think I was just trying to grab for money lol
  •  

Janet_Girl

Even in Oregon, it costs $65 to adopt for the very same reasons.

Janet
  •  

Michelle.

so I take it than its not 150CDN for the lot, fixed and vaccinated, eh?

pics pics pics...

and how are the little goofballs doing?
  •  

Chaos_Dagger

No, sadly it's per kitten.  I will get pics up as soon as my SO takes some more.  Right now the mother is being real bitchy and either leaving them all alone, or moving them random places (like the garbage can) It's really upsetting! 
  •  

Janet_Girl

Pictures.  What part of that is not registering, Girl.  Potential Moms here.  WE WANT PICTURES, Woman.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Janet
  •  

Michelle.

Sheet. I just had a thought, fancy that!!!

I could go over to Palm Beach (yes the Island) and get y'all free kitties. Fixed and shots. They have a large feral cat pop. Which makes for interesting newspaper reading when the blue-bloods get in a tizzy over metal or plastic bowls.
  •  

Chaos_Dagger

Another picture from the day they were born.  I promise I will get better pictures as soon as possible... I'm just having a hard time right now
  •  

phantom_heart

I couldnt get many mom doesn't want me touching them to much..

The orange and black ones are our other fosters. They desperately need homes!!  They are spayed and have all there shots
  •  

Michelle.

OMG... I just fell in love with the beige and gray  ones.

they are so cuuuuute.

i just love kittens.
  •  

phantom_heart

:laugh: I know i love them all but we are in an apartment 10 cats is alot so even if people on this site can network and know anyone around the GTA( Greater Toronto Area) or Niagara Regions and even up into Simcoe County we will delver. (Ontario Canada) let everything know!! These little babys need homes.
  •  

Chaos_Dagger

I have the unfortunate obligation to regretfully inform anyone who is interested, that both the black and orange kittens (the week olds not the big ones) have passed away.  All kittens had caught a bad case of URI and we have done everything we can to help them, unfortunately there is not much you can do other than give the mother the medicine and hope the babies get it through her milk.

The orange one was also being hand fed as he was unable to latch on to a nipple very well, it unfortunately was not enough.  COD for the little black one is currently unknown, he was doing well until last night when his belly puffed up really big, he died sometime during the night.

I leave this post in loving memory, with hopes that the two little souls find their way into the heavens.

R.I.P
Kratos Aurion
June 14th-June 25th 2009

Anna Irving
June 14th-June 26th 2009
  •  

Janet_Girl

I am so sorry to hear of their passing. I am true on the verge of tears.  But their can play with my beloved Polarbear in that special place for animals.

Hugs to you and Erica.

Janet
  •  

Michelle.

Thats so sad.

RIP little kitties.
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •