Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Is That a Kitten hanging out?

Started by Chaos_Dagger, June 14, 2009, 09:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos_Dagger

Well yesterday my SO and I were giving a pregnant cat to take care of!  We were told, (massiveness of belly aside,) that she stil had a few weeks to go.  Being the paranoid lot we are, I still prepared a birthing box with instructions I found on the internet.  At exactly 6:25am I was awoken to my SO screaming her head off!  My normal bitchy self(in the morning) told her to shut up and piss off, since I didn't have to be to work until noon.  Still I awoke to find the cat running in circles with a little black thing hanging from her.. eh-hem.

I quickly picked her up and placed her in the box, forced her to lay down and gently pulled on the umbilical cord 'til the placenta came out.  I guess her motherly instincts took over at that point, as she ate the placenta and cut the cord with her teeth, while I pulled the sack away from the cute little thing's face.  Seconds later the little wet hair ball started mewing loudly!  Wash, Rinse, Repeat!  We now have 6 brand new kittens, fighting for their mum's teats!  1 black one, 2 black and grey tabbies (one with a white face), an orange tabby, a grey one, and a beige or "fawny" kitty!

Post Merge: June 14, 2009, 10:02:24 AM

Oh yes, and I forgot to mention, the mother is what my SO says is called "Polydactyl".

I'm not sure if anyone knows what this weird Prehistoric Bird sounding term means exactly, but scientificness aside, the mother and at least two of her babies... have..... THUMBS! Be afraid, be very afraid.... soon the world will be theirs! 
  •  

Lisbeth

I've always liked poly dactylic cats.  :)  They're very special. I'm always temped to give them names like Tom Thumb or Thumbelina.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Janet_Girl

Ah I love babies.  They are so cute.  Pics Plz...........

Janet
  •  

Renate

•  

V M

Yes, we need to see some baby kitten pic.s  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Chaos_Dagger

here's the first pic. Sorry for the delay but I had to work, I just go thome
  •  

V M

Ahhhhh, they are so cute  :) I wish I could have the orange one
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Chaos_Dagger

Where do you live? Also do you have $150 for 'em?
  •  

V M

Quote from: Adrianna on June 14, 2009, 05:48:43 PM
Where do you live? Also do you have $150 for 'em?
I am too far away and I have a dog  :-\

- V M
  •  

Chaos_Dagger

•  

Michelle.

Adrianna got "catold."

The one in the middle has the same tabby markings as my cat.

Best of luck with, unloading, the new additions.

Mich'
  •  

FairyGirl

aw they are so cutie!! I just love kitties, they have a way of making you their own. 
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

Chaos_Dagger

Hee hee Indeed.  I just might have to keep the beige kitty... never seen one that colour before!
  •  

Janet_Girl

AHHHHHHHHHH  they are so adorable.  And I love the beige one.  I only seen that color once before.

Janet
  •  

Jamie-o

Quote from: Adrianna on June 14, 2009, 07:05:05 PM
Hee hee Indeed.  I just might have to keep the beige kitty... never seen one that colour before!

I used to have a cat that color.  He was the stupidest cat I've ever known.  He'd sneak up, stick his nose in someone's cup of tea, gasp because it was hot - sucking more hot tea up his nose, sneeze for several minutes, then go back for more.   ::) 

He was a cutie, though.  Somewhere I have pictures of him playing in my dollhouse.  Hopefully yours is smarter than mine was.  ;)
  •  

Michelle.

Jamie, I have a tomcat who would give yours a run for "stupidist cat."

and... more pics, please!!!
  •  

Chaos_Dagger

I'll tell Erica to take some more, then I'll post 'em
  •  

Mister

You want $150 for non-purebred kittens born to a cat you're only fostering?  nice.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Mister on June 16, 2009, 11:33:54 PM
You want $150 for non-purebred kittens born to a cat you're only fostering?  nice.
I found that a bit steep also. Where I live the paper is full of folks trying to give their kittens away

- V M
  •  

Mister

Quote from: Virginia Marie on June 17, 2009, 12:00:48 AM
I found that a bit steep also. Where I live the paper is full of folks trying to give their kittens away

exactly.  it's kitten season.  you can get a fully vaccinated, fixed kitten at the ASPCA for $100.
  •