Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

10 Busted Myths About The Canadian Healthcare System

Started by Shana A, June 18, 2009, 08:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Thursday, June 18, 2009
10 Busted Myths About The Canadian Healthcare System
Posted by Monica Roberts at 1:05 AM

http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2009/06/10-busted-myths-about-canadian.html

TransGriot Note: You know the conservaliars, the HMO's, the pharmaceutical companies, the AMA and their lobbyists are gearing up to kill President Obama's health care reform.

They also hate Rep. John Conyers' HR 676, which would expand Medicare to cover all Americans by converting it into a single payer system.

The conservaliars save special hateraid for the Canadian Health Care System and don't want to see it replicated on this side of the border.

Thy are already slinging the 'socialized medicine' shade at any system that doesn't perpetuate the status quo where they make obscene amounts of money.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Dennis

Good article. Funny, I've always thought of our system as "socialized medicine", but she has a point - it is single insurer medicine, not socialized medicine. The doctors aren't on salary, they just bill one insurer.

Couple of things she forgot to mention though are not all employers cover medical (which is $56 a month for a single person), but if you're a low income earner, you can get a subsidy. And if you have no income, you pay nothing and your prescriptions are also covered. Other than that, pretty accurate article.

Proud of our health care system (even though I bitch about it periodically)

Dennis
  •  

tekla

I always thought 'single payer' was the way to go, it makes such simple sense, on the other hand, it should not surprise anyone that its the one option NOT being considered.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

NicholeW.

Quote from: tekla on June 18, 2009, 09:54:36 AM
I always thought 'single payer' was the way to go, it makes such simple sense, on the other hand, it should not surprise anyone that its the one option NOT being considered.

Now what's so surprising about that? That it's harder to manipulate in order to extract more and more profit from it?

It would be un-American to go to a system whereby you didn't give Aetna or some other provider most of your monthly income to insure you!!

Where are you living tekla? SF? :laugh:
  •  

tekla

Where are you living tekla? SF?

49 Square Miles, surrounded by reality (attrib. to Paul Kantner)

And it also lacks a huge unwieldy gubm't bureaucracy to administer it.  Can't have that.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Miniar

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •