Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

sudden money

Started by Blaire, June 19, 2009, 12:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what would you do if you suddenly had $60,000.00

pay off your debts
10 (30.3%)
build your wardrobe
0 (0%)
get the surgery you need
16 (48.5%)
invest it for tomorrow
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Blaire

as for me i would be headed to trinadad tomorrow ;D
  •  

Miniar

First, I'd set aside a chunk of it in an account for my daughter to use when she's older.
Then I..
I don't know.

I want to do it right, not quick. I want to emerge on the other side when I'm ready, and not sooner.

I suppose I'd put it away in the bank and let it sit 'till that time, adding to it what I can afford of the money I make now.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Janet_Girl

First, go to Trinidad.
Second, pay off bills.
Lastly, maybe hair transplants.

Janet
  •  

Tammy Hope

Depends on how much but my priorities would be:

1. laser/electrolysis (with enough money both in conjunction -on different areas - for faster results)
2. Gym membership where there is a pool
3. therapy/HRT

All that has to happen before surgery anyway

4. move to more accepting area and more convenient to services I need
5. Wardrobe (minimal at first until weight decreases) including forms and so forth
6. save for surgery (all I can afford)
7. everything else, lol

Post Merge: June 19, 2009, 01:20:31 PM

Oh I see the $60K now. Duh.

I also overlooked "paying dept"...there is some outstanding debt I'd have to address...couple of cards to pay off and something for the student loan folks...but I could do that and still afford the expensive transition stuff.
Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

Michelle.

Invest for the future.

Just 'cause its the catch-all that can cover everything.
  •  

NicholeW.

Depending on size of the amount: 1) fund college for both children, 2) prolly set-up a foundation to winnow through requests and help pay for SRS (FTM & MTF,) electro, and prescriptions for people who couldn't otherwise afford them, 3) buy ouselves a house we want to live in for the rest of our lives.

•  

Nero

put it in the bank, invest some of it. got all the surgeries I need. nothing left done to my body except for the T waiting game.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

DarkLady

I would probably donate away part of the money (including SRS help for MTF:s here), spend for new treatments part of the money and safe part of the money.
  •  

myles

If it were only 60K I would pay of debt and invest, well heck I guess no matter how much it was I would do that. If it were over 500K  I would definitely donate some of it.
Myles
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
  •  

Tammy Hope

Quote from: Nichole on June 19, 2009, 04:31:44 PM
Depending on size of the amount: 1) fund college for both children, 2) prolly set-up a foundation to winnow through requests and help pay for SRS (FTM & MTF,) electro, and prescriptions for people who couldn't otherwise afford them, 3) buy ouselves a house we want to live in for the rest of our lives.

When I lust after the powerball, that's always one of the things that comes to my mind...
Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

Jeannette

Since I've already been to Trinidad & had all my surgeries with Marci :laugh:, I'd probably spend half of it travelling the world & save the rest for the future.
  •  

Arch

Why is sixty thousand the magic number?
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

TamTam

At this very moment...

$30,000 for my future in a savings account [probably split some of that into the stock market]
$10,000 in my father's name to an organ donation/family support charity
$7,000 for shoes, clothes, bags, and electronic gadgets [retail therapy, baby]
$5,000 to help fund next year's NJ Governor's School on the Environment
$5,000 in microloans to people in countries that need it, and then if/when I get it back I'll loan it out again ad infinitum
$2,000 as spending money for when I study abroad next year and go traveling everywhere

And the rest [$1,000] I'll just use to get myself a haircut, dye my hair, maybe get a tattoo, mani-pedi and a massage, and a pair of sunglasses.  And if there's any left after that I'll just leave it in my checking account, lol.

It's fun to think about, so I did. :D
  •  

Buffy

I would pay for Emelye's and Flan's SRS (and anyone else who helped in chat).

Buffy
  •  

Cindy

Split it between Virginia Marie and Janet Lynn.
Both beaut girls who have been there for me all the time.

Cindy
  •  

Chaunte

With the debts gone, including my share of the kids' tuition, everything else becomes possible.
  •  

Flan

* Flan rawrs at Buffy

I would get a bit of everything, (although being debt free makes bill paying a bit unneeded) mostly medical stuff, (srs, a little ffs to make me feel good about my face, and electro) then new car, (I could go for a Kia Forte to replace my suv) and finally the amount left over would be either invested in COMEX trade, (as I'm doing now to afford things) or donated to someone else.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

Natasha

pay for someone's grs?  maybe.  unless they choose to stay "non-op", then i'll get them a ticket to.......................the greek islands.
  •  

sd

Invest most of it until I was ready to use it for surgeries.
Some in the meantime would go towards laser and such.
  •