News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Homemade dog food

Started by Mister, July 04, 2009, 02:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister

Quote from: Cami on July 04, 2009, 04:37:26 AM
Aww, ok now your one of my new favorite people.. It makes me so sad when an animal has to be put down. Bless you!  :eusa_clap:

Aww, thanks.  This'll be my 3rd shelter dog.  I can't stand paying hundreds of dollars for a dog from a breeder or pet store.  I'll post some photos of her next week.. she's freaking adorable and sweet as hell.  I've had nothing but luck with shelter pups.
  •  

Ellieka

I actually saved my two kitties from the street. some one dropped them off outside the factory I worked at last winter... they were sooooo tinny! I just had to take them home. If i ever do get another dog it will be from a shelter too.
  •  

Mister

Then you are now one of *my* favorite people.

My girlfriend volunteers at the SPCA socializing cats.  She has to stop by my place to shower and change on her way home or her cat (also a rescue) gets pissed. 
  •  

Ellieka

•  

V M

As long as no-one is making their own food out of their dog. You should be OK

OMGossh... My dog likes to watch me pee  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Ellieka

ROFL!  :laugh: :laugh: that's terrible !
  •  

Mister

It's actually quite "OK" if someone chooses to eat food made from dogs.  It's just not traditional in the West.
  •  

Ellieka

I guess its not really any different then us eating pigs or cows... I just couldn't though, A cute little doggy???!?!
  •  

Mister

Quote from: Cami on July 04, 2009, 05:02:03 AM
I guess its not really any different then us eating pigs or cows... I just couldn't though, A cute little doggy???!?!

a cute little bunny?  how about a chicken? and baby corn? baby corn didn't even get a chance...
  •  

Ellieka

Dang you now I'm not going to be able to eat for a month!  :laugh:
  •  

noxdraconis

I feed my dog homemade food all of the time.  Usually he gets boiled chicken or beef with rice, carrots, and celery.  Sometimes steak, pork, or hamburger meat if that is what I am having for dinner, and lamb for Easter.  He is nice and healthy.

•  

Constance

My grandfather used to make stew for his dogs. I'm not sure how biologically correct his approach was, but he basically wouldn't feed his dog anything he himself wouldn't eat.

Michelle.

Congrats Mister.

All my pets have either been street strays, shelter, or low cost out of the paper varieties.

The two posts previous too mind are among the best advice your going to find.

Just don't spice her food up the way you would yours. For instance... while baking chicken for dinner hold back a small porion and bake it plain for doggie. We humans should either eat our veggies either raw or steamed, same goes for your dog.

Among the reasons why humans and dogs have been side by side for close to 20,000 years, are diets are almost identical to one anothers.

My basset hound growing up was referred to as the "living garbage disposal" post dinner time. I miss my hound dog.

Happy times with yours Mister.

Mich'
  •  

V M

My Cocker Spaniel is a rescued dog also. He use to cower allot when I first got him four years ago. Now people comment on what a friendly and happy dog he is. I mix part of my dinner (fresh cooked) with some dry food. He's healthy and strong as an ox for a little guy  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Janet_Girl

A friend of mine cooks for his dogs every night.  Sometimes it is what he is going to have and sometimes it is special.  But they get no spices at all.  Not even salt.   Meats, rice, veggies.  They like lamb the best but he is like me and can't stand the smell of cooked lamb.  So they only get it on special occasions.  Chicken, pork and steak mostly, and always well done.  Nothing raw at all.  And never hamburger, because it isn't good for them.  His opinion not mine.

Janet
  •  

Mister

Great!  Thanks for the input everybody.
  •