Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Appointment

Started by Jessica, July 20, 2005, 04:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Well, second therapy appointment for GID was today.  I have been scheduled with an Endocrinologist who is very knowledgable about these things for Friday.  I am going to get a bunch of tests done including my current hormone levels to see if they can identify a biological problem.

I'm not sure if this is in the right place as it doesn't have anything to do with HRT, but it does have something to do with endocrinology.

Jessica
  •  

Terri-Gene

But it has everything to do with HRT Jessica.  The biological part is to check for a possible conditoin of Mild PAIS, or other condition which might be affecting your mentality.  such things can be present without necessarily having visable physical signs as well as to establish your present hormone  levels in order to know what doses of estrogen and T blockers to try on you.  They will also be checking for organ functions as affected and shown by the chemical balances of your blood.  It is possible that a simple thing like low T levels may be responsible for your present mental condition and the situation addressed by attempting to make you feel comfortable as a normal male, Just a possibility that responsible medical people check out before perscribing HRT.

This is why Endo's are preferable over MD's in these matters.  Generally, an MD will simply judge by experience and more or less trial and error the dosages or just go by some guidelines.   An Endo can actually fine tune your dosages according to what the body actually needs for optimal results.

At any rate you seem to be in the right forum and working with responsible medical people.

Terri
  •  

Lisbeth

Endocrinologist, hunh? 

It's a lot more fun to be able to say that I have an appointment with my OB GYN.  *hee hee*  Yes, she's that, and her specialty is GLBT medicine.
  •