Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Please help me figure out what's wrong with me.

Started by Patrick, July 31, 2009, 11:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar

Quote from: LordKAT on August 02, 2009, 05:57:32 PMI never had girl clothes growing up.

I cared less about clothes when I was a kid. I basically wore whatever my Mom bought me. It was almost completely pants, slacks and shorts. I had some dresses but did not enjoy wearing them at all- so they were worn only during certain occasions. When I reached middle school I didn't have any dresses or skirts anymore.
"In this one of many possible worlds, all for the best, or some bizarre test?
It is what it is—and whatever.
Time is still the infinite jest."
  •  

Nero

Quote from: LordKAT on August 02, 2009, 05:57:32 PM
I never had girl clothes growing up.

Wow. you were lucky. I was forced into dresses for church and skirts for school (private school dress code). No fair!  :laugh:
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Jamie-o

Quote from: Nero on August 02, 2009, 06:30:07 PM
Wow. you were lucky. I was forced into dresses for church and skirts for school (private school dress code). No fair!  :laugh:

I flat-out refused to go to one private school because they didn't have a pants alternative for girls.  Fortunately my family was never very religious, so we only had flat out brawls on holidays, and then only until 6th grade, or so, when my mom finally gave up the fight.  :D  Do you know, wearing dresses was the only thing that I fought with my mom about in all my years growing up.   We had the odd disagreement, but that was the only thing that brought me to the point of crying fits and near-tantrums.
  •  

icontact

Whatever you like, but you're never going to be taken seriously as a man if you keep wearing women's clothing.
Hardly online anymore. You can reach me at http://cosyoucantbuyahouseinheaven.tumblr.com/ask
  •  

JonasCarminis

Quote from: Asher on August 03, 2009, 01:42:35 PM
Whatever you like, but you're never going to be taken seriously as a man if you keep wearing women's clothing.

harsh much?  if someone said they were male and were serious, id go with it.  its kindof like FTMs being gay.  "isnt it just easier to stay a girl?"  no.  not really.  lol
  •  

Teknoir

Quote from: Josh on August 03, 2009, 03:22:40 PM
harsh much?  if someone said they were male and were serious, id go with it.  its kindof like FTMs being gay.  "isnt it just easier to stay a girl?"  no.  not really.  lol

It might seem harsh on the surface, but it's true.

No, clothes don't make the gender. So, he wants to wear a skirt on occasion. Big deal. It doesn't matter who wears what - it matters how they identify. WE all know that.

Society at large does not.

Do the opinions of society even matter, and if so then to what degree? Well, that's an individual thing.
  •  

petzjazz

Quote from: Asher on August 03, 2009, 01:42:35 PM

Harsh, but someone has to be. OP, it's fine and dandy if you like crossdressing - but if you want to be seen as a man, you're going to have to keep it in the comfort of your own home until you've been on T a few years. The public will not see "Man dressed as a girl" no matter what you insist - they will see "Girl dressed as a girl". And even when you are noticeably male enough to pass despite wearing a skirt, you're suddenly going to find life quite a bit more difficult when you actually ARE seen as a "man dressed as a girl". That is why crossdressing is mostly a Friday-nights-and-weekends-at-home activity for cismen.
  •  

Patrick

(Sorry, it's been a hectic couple of no-internet-vacation-like weeks, so I haven't been able to reply.)

I'm going to put my two cents in and I'm going to say that it was most likely my pre-transition anxiety, as I am going back to school as male this year. I say this just because the last time I felt like crossdressing was when I wrote this topic, and it hasn't really plagued me since.

Also, I was in fact only crossdressing in the safety of my home, so as to not to be confusing.

Now I'm just feeling a lot better about my previous... "urges" to dress as a woman, and I don't think I'm going to crossdress any time soon. =)

Thanks so much, everyone, for saying something about this. I'd honestly never heard anything about FtM crossdressers.
  •  

Len

Quote from: SilverFang on August 01, 2009, 03:32:58 AM
If anything, it's further proof that we're just normal men,
SilverFang

Just like there is variance in cisgendered men there is variance in transmen!
I like to put it this way: Trans people are normal, because variance and adaptation is normal, in fact it's one of the most important things any living organism can to do in order to survive and evolve.
The "weirder" you are the more important you are for the evolution of humankind  ;D
  •  

GamerJames

Quote from: Len on August 29, 2009, 02:10:11 AM
The "weirder" you are the more important you are for the evolution of humankind  ;D

Well if that's true, then I'm the frickin' *king* of evolutionary importance... lol! ;D
♫ Oh give me a home, where the trans people roam, and the queers and the androgynes play... ♫

Facebook | YouTube
  •  

GinaDouglas

I'm going to disagree with the contention that male crossdressers are comfortable in their gender role as men.

If you're starting a new grade, I'm assuming you are still young.  Youth is almost a synonym for confusion.  I wouldn't worry too much about your feelings, if I was you; but I wouldn't think anything about your identity is set in stone either.

You might be bi-gendered.  Your brain is not fully formed until you're 25, and the sense of self is one of the last things to develop.  I think you should keep up with counseling, be honest with your counselor, keep an open mind, and don't make any permanent decisions until you're older.
It's easier to change your sex and gender in Iran, than it is in the United States.  Way easier.

Please read my novel, Dragonfly and the Pack of Three, available on Amazon - and encourage your local library to buy it too! We need realistic portrayals of trans people in literature, for all our sakes
  •