Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Paunch

Started by lolli, September 26, 2006, 03:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lolli

Evening all,
My weight can be as low as 13 stone rare.
However as i ride every day i have managed to lose 7lb and bring it down to 14 stone grrrr.
What do i  have to do to lose the next stone ?
I dont drink or smoke and eat pasta to keep my strength up apart from other healthy foods.
My tummy is my one bain, i so wish i could lose my paunch.
Any advice please girls ?
lolli
  •  

Nero

hmm
sweetheart, i would lay off the pasta
i have the same problem
and trust me it is pasta-related
not that i care enough to stop consuming bowl after bowl of pasta
but that is the cause

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

lolli

Well I have not posted a follow recently, but today I feel I need help!!!
At the moment I weigh in at 197 lbs and I am all but 6ft.
Because I ride alot I carry bulk muscle on my thighs and calfs.
But today I found out that my BMi is 26.76 !! and going on that I would need to lose 17lbs ekk.
So I went to the gym today to check out how they can help me, and hopefully I can lose my tum.
I think I will do a slim fast diet !!!
Any other things I should consider do you feel ?
  •  

Nero

Sit-ups? And cardio - maybe join an aerobics class at your gym.
Find something you enjoy doing that induces sweat, listen to your favorite music while doing it.
That would be better than anything else.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Rei Ayanami

Lolli I was about where you are now 3 months ago, Here's what I did and while you may not opt for a vegan lifestyle you can always keep an eye on what your eating.
First you could try a cleansing diet 1-2 days on Lemon water will shed a lot of weight associated with buildup in the colon I lost about 12 pounds on this  Myself I removed Meat and dairy from my diet since it's full of saturated and trans fats the fats that usually end up getting stored for Long term since they are hard to process you will loose muscle mass before the body will burn them good Fats are Poly and mono unsaturated fats they are found in Vegetables, fruits and grains. Try non dairy alternatives to milk such as rice and soy milk they are much healthier for you anyways since Cow milk is chalk full of hormones(that are supposed to have a calf to a full adult size weighing as much as 1200 pounds in about a year these don't include the extra hormones that are added by the farmer to speed up growth which also pass to the milk) and Lactose (most Humans past the age of 2 cannot process lactose and it builds up in out muscles and joints and is the most common cause of stiffness after working out). Things to avoid are of all things anything that says "vegetable oil" since the process of making vegetable oil creates funny fats Hydrogenated fats like what cheese whiz is made out of which is quite litterally the next thing to plastic you will find these in most shortening fryer oils as well . The Vegetable oils you should look for are Canola, Olive, safflower and sunflower. I know people say that Pasta's are bad for you but they really really aren't I've been living with large amounts of pasta in my diet and I've yet to gain weight from it the big thing to change is make sure your eating whole wheat pasta's the starches are great for you they provide quick energy stores for things like cardio and weight training. In 3 1/2 months I've gone from 196 pounds to 153 I've never felt better my metabolism is back to where it used to be when I was 12  and I eat... a lot :) here's a suggested food pyramid for a vegan lifestyle you can adapt it to suit yourself since I know being vegan isn't for everyone. Make sure you get 30-40 minutes of Cardio during the morning to speed up the rate at which your body burns calories through the day

*hugs*
Rei 
  •  

lolli

Thank you Rei, I used to be a vegan and though I may not become vegan your reply has made me consider cutting out dairy products and meat and replacing meat with fish.
I went out for a run today!!! not far just up the road and back, but a starting point.
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Nero on October 24, 2006, 08:37:15 AM
Quote from: Brady on October 23, 2006, 09:02:54 PM

Any way I can improve muscle mass as much as possible before T? Any special diets or work outs?

I've said it time and time again - eat pasta and lots of it.
I've eaten pasta everyday of my life and I have an awesome build for a guy.
It works.
I know my advice will be disputed and discounted by the health nuts on here. ::)

Quote from: Nero on September 27, 2006, 07:29:47 PM
hmm
i have the same problem
but that is the cause
Interesting change of tune. :)

Melissa
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Melissa on November 06, 2006, 05:38:56 PM
Quote from: Nero on October 24, 2006, 08:37:15 AM
Quote from: Brady on October 23, 2006, 09:02:54 PM

Any way I can improve muscle mass as much as possible before T? Any special diets or work outs?

I've said it time and time again - eat pasta and lots of it.
I've eaten pasta everyday of my life and I have an awesome build for a guy.
It works.
I know my advice will be disputed and discounted by the health nuts on here. ::)

Quote from: Nero on September 27, 2006, 07:29:47 PM
hmm
i have the same problem
but that is the cause
Interesting change of tune. :)

Melissa
Change of tune?
No.
Naturally my advice would be different for an MtF who would make less of herself than a FtM who would make more of himself.
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Nero on November 06, 2006, 05:48:58 PM
Change of tune?
No.
Naturally my advice would be different for an MtF who would make less of herself than a FtM who would make more of himself.
Oh, ok.

Melissa
  •  

lolli

Hang on girls I'll get the handbags!!!

Melissa any particular colour for you?

And Nero would you like a handbag or perhaps a tool chest ?

;) ;D :D :)

•  

Melissa

I'll take a beige one. :)

Melissa
  •  

lolli

I weighed myself a few days ago and I had put on three pounds ekkk !!! :'(

Then I weighed myself last night and I had lost four pounds !!

Breakfast will be a slim shake and I will have a nana at lunch and a diet bar for afternoon snack and an evening meal after I have been riding.

I have a tight pair of jeans that now fit me nicely umm.
  •  

Rei Ayanami

Four pound is a good start Lolli :)

Did you Try the Lemon water regime It's like a 2 day fast on only water with Lemon or another citric acid in it? Think I drank almost 7 imperial Gallons of water in 2 days(8 lemons)You would be surprised how much extra weight and waist/abdomine size change after you do it I lost almost an inch  off my waist when I did it. Every one is a bit different but if you've been eating a lot of processed foods you probably have some "build up".

.... Can I get a hand bag too? :)

*hugs*
Rei
  •  

Refugee

Quote from: Rei Ayanami on November 17, 2006, 09:49:40 PM

Did you Try the Lemon water regime It's like a 2 day fast on only water with Lemon or another citric acid in it? Think I drank almost 7 imperial Gallons of water in 2 days(8 lemons)You would be surprised how much extra weight and waist/abdomine size change after you do it I lost almost an inch  off my waist when I did it. Every one is a bit different but if you've been eating a lot of processed foods you probably have some "build up".

For anyone that's interested I started the lemon water diet this morning.

Weight:  205
Waist:  38
  •  

lolli

Hi'ya Rei.

I failed the citric three day thang because hunger over came this poor soul.
I ride alot ( on a mountain bike ) just thought I would clear that up before you think I am a bit easy girls.

Funny really when I think about it because when my marrige broke up I didnt eat for over two weeks and went from 14.5 to 12.6 stone !! that was stress.
But I got over that with bottles of Wolf Blas President  :P red ummmm yummy.

I have not had a drink for ages and I gave up crisps and choc's  :(

I love heeled boots with buckles but my calfs are 8cm too big now so its ankle booties for me and jeans...Hey ho.
If I lose weight that means it will go from all over me but I doubt my legs will lose any.
I saw two lovely young women in the supermarket today in boots and tight hipster jeans, size 8, ohh some women are soo luckly to have such lovely bodies.
  •  

Brianna

Here is the soulution.

1. Exercise 4 times a week at 80 percent max heart rate
2. Cut calories. Lots of them, about 4000 per pound you want to lose,

Come of the Brianna 20 kilometer Deathrun TM anytime. You either get in fabu shape or die.

Bri

PS- More than anything when I see people that want to lose weight I see straight up delusion and flimsy excuses. (Oh, I walk. Oh, I eat low fat stuff.) The truth is, weight loss is fighting evolution. It's very hard, and takes laserlike focus. I should know. I lost 130 pounds to transition.

PPS- 4 pounds is just normal water weight fluctuation.
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Brianna on November 18, 2006, 01:29:32 PM
I lost 130 pounds to transition.
Wow! That's quite an accomplishment, Bri. And you look awesome. :)
  •  

Refugee

Quote from: Brianna on November 18, 2006, 01:29:32 PM
Here is the soulution.

1. Exercise 4 times a week at 80 percent max heart rate
2. Cut calories. Lots of them, about 4000 per pound you want to lose,

Come of the Brianna 20 kilometer Deathrun TM anytime. You either get in fabu shape or die.

Bri

PS- More than anything when I see people that want to lose weight I see straight up delusion and flimsy excuses. (Oh, I walk. Oh, I eat low fat stuff.) The truth is, weight loss is fighting evolution. It's very hard, and takes laserlike focus. I should know. I lost 130 pounds to transition.

PPS- 4 pounds is just normal water weight fluctuation.

I lost 40 lbs in the last year and I don't excercise.  I just watched what I ate, I mean really watched it.  People say they're "watching their weight", but they forget to account for all the snacks they consume outside of regular meals and they have no idea of portion control.

My weight isn't bad, but I don't want to transition at that weight.
  •  

lolli

I think Bri I am doing fairly well, and if I can get down to 12.5 or less,- 30 waist then thats cool. I dont just ride for fun, I also take part in 24 hour mountain bike races xc country so I need to be fit for that.
Its the hills I love, I know its sick but I have to ride up them regardless of how roccky they might be.
And I have a routine set up for me at the gym to just work on the tum because I dont want upper body muscle.

Bri I am in love with your legs, when next I am in the states would you mind if I drop by and worship them  ;)

I need a fit girl for the team so how about it Bri you ride for the team and I will start running again?? 
  •  

Ricki

Well then you girls got this thing nailed down!
I'll only add that bariatrics is not the way to go!
  •