Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

transformations

Started by aime, July 25, 2005, 12:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aime

Hey,  just wanted to say that a week ago I was in Miami and went and had a transformation done. After my girlfriend and I went out to coba a night club and I had a great time. The one thing I was not happy with was the shop that did this transformation. In the ad it was to cost $150.00 for this and comes with pictures but it costed us $400.00 and we got no pics. Is this normal for all transformation ads to say one thing and it be something else when you go. From what we seen we paid $150.00 for nothing and bought everyting they supplied nothing.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: aime on July 25, 2005, 12:05:16 AM
Hey, just wanted to say that a week ago I was in Miami and went and had a transformation done. After my girlfriend and I went out to coba a night club and I had a great time. The one thing I was not happy with was the shop that did this transformation. In the ad it was to cost $150.00 for this and comes with pictures but it costed us $400.00 and we got no pics. Is this normal for all transformation ads to say one thing and it be something else when you go. From what we seen we paid $150.00 for nothing and bought everyting they supplied nothing.

Hello Aime.
I've never personally visited a transformation boutique although there are a few close by, so I can't really say what is normal and what is not.  Although it's a little late now, I think that it's a case of buyer beware, and if it seems too good to be true , etc...  I think that with this type of offer, it would be best to ask up front what is included in the price and what is, or is not, included in the package.  Can you remember the name of the name of the shop that did the transformation?   We could publish it here and that way other members who may happen on this shop would know in advance to ask about the services and pricing before they committed any money.

Steph
  •  

aime

Hello, Not sure about the name but it wasn't what my girlfriend and I expected. Their ad said it done alot more than we got but it was fun.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Well as long as you had fun, and no one was hurt, then just take it for what it was, an experience that you had a hoot doing and one that you learned from.  :)

Steph
  •  

aime

It was a blast but I do love dressing in female cloths. This was something I wanted to do to see just to see what others could do. I have a very understanding girlfriend and she loves dressing me. She does a great job with my make-up. We just sometimes wish I had real breast and we have talk about the hormones but we don't want to go too far. You have any suggestions on this?
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: aime on July 26, 2005, 11:52:09 AM
It was a blast but I do love dressing in female cloths. This was something I wanted to do to see just to see what others could do. I have a very understanding girlfriend and she loves dressing me. She does a great job with my make-up. We just sometimes wish I had real breast and we have talk about the hormones but we don't want to go too far. You have any suggestions on this?

Hello Aime

Hormones is a completly different kettle of fish.  Your best place to start at this point is to read the information on the subject here at Susan's.  This is a big step up from crossdressing.  There are other ways of creating breasts, for those occasions when you and your girlfriend are having fun  :D, but hormones are permanent.  After you have read about all the issues facing you with hormones you must seek medical advice on this.  This can involve therapy, and/or seeing your family doctor.  This is the best place to start, but if it's casual fun you are looking for, there are other ways of creating breasts.

Have a read and get back to us, and I'm sure there are others here who also have advice.  :)

Steph

•  

MaryEllen

Quote from: aime on July 25, 2005, 12:05:16 AM
Hey,  just wanted to say that a week ago I was in Miami and went and had a transformation done. After my girlfriend and I went out to coba a night club and I had a great time. The one thing I was not happy with was the shop that did this transformation. In the ad it was to cost $150.00 for this and comes with pictures but it costed us $400.00 and we got no pics. Is this normal for all transformation ads to say one thing and it be something else when you go. From what we seen we paid $150.00 for nothing and bought everyting they supplied nothing.

$400 dollars does seem a little high especially since you were quoted a price considerably less. That sounds very similar to that old practise of "Bait and switch" or out and out false advertising. I've had a makeover done at a pro shop and that included approximately 200 digital photos, all for a total cost of $200 dollars. I had this done at a place called The Glamour Boutique in Auburn Massachusetts. The picture I use as my avatar is one of those photos.
But, if it was an enjoyable experience and you had a good time, I guess that's all that really matters.

MaryEllen  :)

This is the Glamour Boutique's website
http://www.glamourboutique.com/
Go to the FAQ and scroll down to  the end. Check out Jamie Austin's website
Live for today. Tomorrow is not promised
  •  

beth

female hormones are not for casual fun. they are serious drugs that can cause many health problems and are not recommended unless someone is suffering from gender dysphoria and the resultant risks to mental and physical health outweigh the risks from hormones. female hormones will cause impotency in a male so they are not a good choice for those wanting to remain male.

beth
  •  

Girliecue

After happening on this thread I am now intrigued about transformation boutiques. This sounds like something I would like to do and maybe get some photos for my avatar! (I tried taking my own picture for my avatar, but the results were terrible... If mine could come out half as good as MaryEllen's then I would be happy.)

I really love to dress up but am not experienced in makeup application. I also need some help in determining the most flattering hairstyle for my face shape and what styles to wear to maximize my feminine persona.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a boutique such as this in the Southern California area?

I agree that the hrt method seems to be a rather dangerous approach.

Jennifer
  •  

Terri-Gene

hahahahahahah, $200 or $400 for some pics to use as avatars.  uhuh .... Me I'm cheap, I just come home from work, driving trucks and pushing carts all day with sweat running down my eyes, stand in front of the camera and snap a pic.  easy and cheap.  there are advantages to being butch, for one, no makeup costs, other then a pencil.

Terri
  •  

aime

Thanks, I have read some on the subject on here and I have read where they have drugs to reverse it, is this ture. One thing is I don't want to get big so that I can not live as a male. I have two sisters and they both have large breast so do this put me at risk of having large breast if I was to start taken hormones??
  •  

Cassandra

Aime,

Large breast from hormones are rare. The best one can usually hope for is a B cup, after that anything larger requires surgery. As far as drugs that reverse the effect, never heard of them, at least none that worked. The only way to get rid of breasts is surgery.

If I were you and still wanted to be male at least part time I would do as Steph suggests and just get prostetique ones. Also if you've got some chest flab there is a method called strapping which can give you really good cleavage, combined with prostetiques, you can be real convincing. They can be removed at will and are a lot cheaper and less dangerous than hormones.

Cassie
  •  

aime

Thanks Cassandra, you look very nice. I have them and they do look nice. Do you have real breast and if so did you use treatments or surgry.
  •  

Susan

Quote from: aime on July 27, 2005, 12:37:35 PM
Thanks, I have read some on the subject on here and I have read where they have drugs to reverse it, is this ture. One thing is I don't want to get big so that I can not live as a male. I have two sisters and they both have large breast so do this put me at risk of having large breast if I was to start taken hormones??

One, based on what you said you probally shouldn't be on horomones in the first place. But I leave that between yourself and your therapist. You do have one I assume?

Two, taking female hormones for the duration required for any measure of feminization will cause irreversable sterility.

Three, You can get seriously ill from the side affects from taking hormones unsupervised up to the point of liver failure or even death. Don't do it the risk is not worth the gain. Consult with a medical professional and don't try to self medicate.

Four, if you do not intend to take this all the way any other use of hormones is playing and no medical professional would help in that course of action. Please review the site rules on self medication discussing it is prohibited here.

Finally for the curious TS's out there who might be reading this. It is said that your breast size will usually end up being one cup size less than your mothers.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Cassandra

Hi Aime,

First let me say that I am a Transwoman. I've always been a woman and I am undergoing medical treatment to make my body match who I am. If you want to know about my story go to the Transexual Talk section of the forum and read "My story" in the Coming out of the closet forum. It pretty much says everything.

Breast augmentation is not an area of surgery I am particularly interested in. I'll take whatever the hormones can give me. I'm currently an A cup my, ultimate cup size is yet to be determined as I still have a ways to go before I reach the full feminization effects of the HRT.  Until then the only plans I have for future surgery is SRS.

I live as a woman full time. For me it is simply who I am. Sometimes I wear dresses sometimes I wear jeans. Sometimes I wear full makeup and lots of jewelry. Sometimes I run out of the house with just foundation and a little lipstick. It all depends on what I'm doing and how big a hurry I'm in. But, wherever I go I am Cassandra. It is not a part time thing. I have no desire to return to being male and if I did or were forced to it would kill me psycologically.

It is not something I choose. I simply am. For you as I understand your post you are a crossdresser and do it for fun and you and your girlfriend have a good time together with that. I am happy for you that you can find gratification in that. I hope you will not spoil it for yourself by seeking treatments that would be ill advised. As to the specifics of the treatments please do not ask. I know you didn't in your post but that is usually the next question so just thought I'd head you off at the pass on that one.

Thanks for the complement by the way. I always like an appreciative response to my photo. My ego is far larger than my breasts will ever be.  ;D

Good journey to you.

Cassie
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: Terri-Gene on July 26, 2005, 11:28:21 PM
hahahahahahah, $200 or $400 for some pics to use as avatars.  uhuh .... Me I'm cheap, I just come home from work, driving trucks and pushing carts all day with sweat running down my eyes, stand in front of the camera and snap a pic.  easy and cheap.  there are advantages to being butch, for one, no makeup costs, other then a pencil.

Terri

You've obviously never been to Glamour Shots.  They are more expensive that Target or Sears, but they provide both makup and clothes.  Not something to do very often, unless you need to put on a professional image.
  •  

Terri-Gene

Nope, never had a glamor shot in my life and the last studio pic I posed for was a week after the birth of my youingest daughter, over 22 years ago.  We had a family shot done to include the new member.  Other then that, I do believe thats the only professional pic ever taken of me other then school pics.  Basically I've never been much into cameras.

As to glamour shots however.  Just not into it.  It's not like I'm very glamorous or anything like that and I got nobody to impress with such things.  Then too, I got a lot better things to do with a couple or few hundred dollars then have some pics to show that don't look a thing like me on an average normal day .... anyone else finds pleasure in such things, have at, just I can't afford or need such things.

As far as makeup and cloths.  I quit using makeup other then for occassional occassions some years ago, and for where I go with it, I'm perfectly capible of doing it myself.  Cloths are simple.  I have very simple, practicle tastes and at this time haven't worn a dress or skirt for some years now also, my normal attire is jeans and tops ..... I don't need professional advice on that kind of stuff I wouldn't think.  My circles are working people.  The kind that are hard living, hard working, hard fighting and hard loving,  nice cloths get kind of messed up and wasted around this crowd, it's functionality, durability, price and comfort all the way.  As to professional image, Last time I had one of those, it was 3 piece suits, these days it's a polo shirt over 501's and a set of truck keys.  Not much needed in professional image on that account.  Makeup just isn't all that practicle for the most part anyway and at work, it's frowned upon in the dress regulations.  I work in a hospital/clinic environment, people with alergies you know? 

Admin women use it of course, but direct patient care types and support personnel like myself don't get into it other then in the almost invisable sense.  None of the women in my department wear so much as lipstick.  Again, it's a little impracticle when you work with your hands, don't have time to run to a mirror and fix anything along with sweat running in your face in the summer and rain in the winter,  it all goes to make a mess, ya know?

And as I said, no one to impress anyway.  Between two marriages I was married for 35 years if you count a couple of years between them while I was raising two daughters alone and working.  Throw into that that all of my friends during my professional life dressed as casually as possible when not working, and in my more free roaming days,  most everybody I knew had to pull up a news paper or some such before sitting down to avoid grease stains on the furnature.  Not the kind of surroundings to be running around in heels and a slinky gown, even these days, gets a little messy when you go out and crawl under a 4x4, head for the nearest bar with a sawdust/peanut shell floor, fire up a BBQ or get into an arm wrestling match with other women.

Hell, if I were to get a makeover, the girls would oooh and awww and then tell me to get out of all that crap and lets go have some fun, kinda a waste of money again for me.

Just depends on your life style and what you spend your money on I guess.  I spend mine on things I need that will help me get through life, in a meaningful way.

Terri

Terri
  •  

Debtv

Terry you are so full of common sence, and I do relate. But its like you are talking to your children.....from experience, but forgetting how it was to be a child.

You don't remember wondering how pretty you are? or could be? You don't remember not knowing where you stood at all?

I remember....and it really sucked not knowing how I could or would express my real self. OK you know where you are! You have found your own path...and good for you! To tell you the truth...I am pretty strong too. I have lived a rough life and still live among all the rednecks I have known all my life.

Hell, I live how I want no mater what anyone thinks.....but I do remeber how alone and afraid I was....before I to deal with it. And one of the steps I had to go threw was making a femme pic of myself....that I could be proud of. Back then I was so unsure (unlike you and me now) of my self.

Terry you are a clever smart t-woman and I like ya alot. But...lol yeah but, to help our tg sisters we need to not forget our long lost past. Tell me you did not stand in front of the mirror and wonder how pretty you really where....or could be.

In terms of this thread.....$400 was way too much and its sad people rip us tg's off. Clamor shots is much better....oir even better is get a $20 cam at walmart and take 300 pics of you enfemm....LOL at least one of them will be good!

Love
DevTV
  •  

Terri-Gene

No Deb, it's not that I can't remember how it was to be a child,  The older pics I used on Susans in years past were an example of that.  They werent fancy studio glamor shots, but were in that light.   The sad part is that I do remember, all to well, but to much reallity has set in, I've turned down to many dead end streets and had to back out and start over again.  There isn't time or patiencience left for daydreams.  All that matters is what is left to work with in the here and now.  I can't change the past and make it better and worrying about the future will only get me upset and set me back again.  It's called reality, deal with it or don't.  There you go, a choice, a decision, so make it and stick with it.  Thats all thats left.

Strong?  I have to wonder about that.  It's all breaking apart, my weak points are gaining strength and my strong sides are simply getting tired and developing a tendancy to not give a damn.  It's simply been to long in the trenches, and allowing coruption to eat it's way in.  It's like trying to plug the holes in the dyke with my fingers (no pun intended).  Works ok till you run out of fingers.

Yes, I did stand in front of a mirror and practice my "look", finding every bad angle and unflattering mannerism and habit, then eraseing it from my presentation, very deliberate and very calculated, but those days taught me a very important thing.  I was not becoming me, I was becoming an image, carefully designed to appeal to and convince, and the sadder part is, it was highly convinceing, the problem is that it wasn't really me, it was a role play of something I thought I wanted to be and ended up not making me happy at all.

To make it worse, I really was pretty back in those days, but there was no beauty in it as again, it wasn't me, not the honest me.  I found I could achieve all the acceptance I could hope for within this, but it wasn't honest and brought me no peace.  Ever pick up on the fact that I am mercural, like two different personalities from post to post, day to day? depending on what buttons are pushed and triggers pulled?  You've witnessed it for years, but probably just thought of it as "moods" I realise it, but depending on the buttons, not much I can do about it, so I've taken to just staying out of sight at such times.  There are reasons for that, none of them good.

When I actually became myself, defused the buttons, for a while, I was happy with it all, but the reality of responsibilities, Hep C diagnoses and money picked up where the former left off.  I delt with it and the Pretty kind of just faded away in the process.  I made progress, but became bitter and intolerant in the process, it was about that time that we met here at Susans.  You know very well how I tended to strike out at anything and everyone who couldn't set a firm goal and bird dog it to the end, and it could only be one way.  I couldn't beleive in a rainbow because everything had to be either or.

To understand that, you have to understand that I could never accept being half of anything.  I hated myself for being half of nothing and I took it out on any available target.  Some made it to easy for me, and I have always had exceptionally good aim.  The truth is though, I was taking aim at myself for being what I was, something I never really accepted, not really.  I was never a man though I was male, and I was never a female though I considered myself a woman.  In my mind I was nothing, and I lashed out at others to beat on myself, push myself harder.

By then, it all came back to the money.  I had destroyed my carreer, ruined my marrage and went bankrupt.  I had to save from scratch while living paycheck from paycheck and there was always something that had to come back out to keep things going and so I just pushed myself harder and simply became more bitter.  The pretty vivacious girl that was just kind of ceased to exist, leaving something that would never fit even when the goal could be achieved.  In time it seemed to me that even in achieving what I desired, it would be an empty victory as there would be nobody home anymore to enjoy the party, so I opened the door for someone I had almost forgotten and took her place in hiding.  I tried to tell her but she wouldn't listen, one of those perfect world types, though she would have said not.

You see where I'm going with this?  When I had the money I squandered it, believing that I could always get it when I had to.  that damned self confidence ... would that I never developed that as it did more harm then good.  Later when I needed what I had squandered on frivolity and stop gap measures, it was hard to come by, thus the distane for such things as clothing, appearances and imagery.  I could have been there by now if not for such things.  I wasted my resourses on moments rather then spend it wisely on things that counted and mattered in the long term of things.  Thus my present attitude about such things.

Then the hep diagnoses and the refusal to allow me hormones because of it, more time wasted fighting for a way through that.  I finally won that battle and left my family to start over again on my own, it was hard but I was full of the joy of life for awhile.  I had friends then who helped keep my feet on the ground and I started making progress back to the core and some beauty returned for a while and life was hard but good.

Then as it got close, it all shattered again with a trip to the hospital and a long hard fight back to dealing with reality again.  It wasn't easy as by then I had honestly ceased to believe I could or would make it through in one piece worth the effort.  I all but gave up and retreated into a world where all was perfect.  It was all I thought I had left, but at the same time I knew it couldn't last, so I had to climb out again and face it to whatever it would be, even if it may not be what I had wanted it to be and by this time was truely alone.

It's always been a fear in my life, being alone, and I've had to get there to understand what I didn't understand.  I know now that it's not to late.  I'm going to have to do without much of what I could have had if I had been stronger, but I can't drive it like I used to,  the human mind and body have to respected for thier limits and I had always ignored the possibility of limits.  It was always like, anything I could get myself into, I could get out of and I was wrong, so very wrong.

It amounts to this, the earlier times are a time of wonder and excitement, so live them as such, but spend your resources wisely, for they can only be spent once.  All I can do now is finish what I started, but it won't hold the joy and completness I was looking for, because I wasted so much in the process.  I see others doing the same, putting off till tommorow what they should do today.  What I have learned about that is there is a day of reconing, where no matter what the gain, it lacks what it should have been.  So spend the hundreds of dollars on pics and cloths and cosmetics and parties, but realize the risk.

I'm getting off this Deb, without meaning or knowing you have punched a wrong button and I got to reset it before it finds the trigger.  Your sweet though girl, thank you for reaching to me, though I wish you hadn't, good idea, but wrong timing, thank you anyway, I need to be forced to deal with it, I'm not that strong anymore, the weaker side is more appealing but isn't ready yet.

Terri

•  

aime

Cassandra and others, I didn't mean to offend anyone just looking for some good advice. I do enjoy dressing and have had some desires to be a woman. I don't do it just for fun but its something that makes me feel good when I do it. Well thanks for the sdvice and enjoy it.
  •