Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"Early Days of Cross Dressing" Pictorial

Started by Constance, October 13, 2009, 03:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance

I saw this on the SF Chronicle's web site and thought I'd share it.

Early Days of Cross Dressing

gennee

And to think that crossdressing was illegal at one time.

Gennee
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

Constance

Yeah, and these folks had the guts to provide photographic evidence that could have been used against themselves. I tip my hat to them.

Genevieve Swann

There must have been many in the closet. I read once that up into the 1950s it was illegal for women to wear pants on Sundays in some U.S. towns. They would face a day of incarceration.

Steph

After looking at the pictures it would seem that quite a few of them were "Gag" photo's and not photos of a lifestyle choice.  Just my opinion though.

-={LR}=-
Enjoy life and be happy.  You won't be back.

WARNING: This body contains nudity, sexuality, and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised. And I tend to rub folks the wrong way cause I say it as I see it...

http://www.facebook.com/switzerstephanie
  •  

Dana Lane

Quote from: Genevieve Swann on October 19, 2009, 05:05:20 AM
There must have been many in the closet. I read once that up into the 1950s it was illegal for women to wear pants on Sundays in some U.S. towns. They would face a day of incarceration.

And to think there are still places in the world where it is illegal for women to wear pants!
============
Former TS Separatist who feels deep regret
http://www.transadvocate.com/category/dana-taylor
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Ladyrider on October 19, 2009, 06:51:47 AM
After looking at the pictures it would seem that quite a few of them were "Gag" photo's and not photos of a lifestyle choice.  Just my opinion though.

-={LR}=-
Some do indeed look like "gag" photos, true. But even that could have been illegal at various places in the US.

Lyric

I'm pretty sure crossdressing is still technically illegal in Texas. Many years ago, I recall a news story about a guy arrested for impersonating a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader at Texas Stadium. As it turned out, they could only charge him with wearing women's underwear because, apparently, wearing women's outerwear was not illegal. When it comes to things like dressing, the legal system can be very weird.

Lyric
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

Kylie

Quote from: Lyric on October 19, 2009, 10:07:49 AM
I'm pretty sure crossdressing is still technically illegal in Texas. Many years ago, I recall a news story about a guy arrested for impersonating a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader at Texas Stadium. As it turned out, they could only charge him with wearing women's underwear because, apparently, wearing women's outerwear was not illegal. When it comes to things like dressing, the legal system can be very weird.

Lyric

now that is crazy, the legal system to me is making less and less sense
  •  

Steph

Quote from: Shades O'Grey on October 19, 2009, 09:38:05 AM
Some do indeed look like "gag" photos, true. But even that could have been illegal at various places in the US.

Aha, yes indeed.

-={LR}=-
Enjoy life and be happy.  You won't be back.

WARNING: This body contains nudity, sexuality, and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised. And I tend to rub folks the wrong way cause I say it as I see it...

http://www.facebook.com/switzerstephanie
  •  

heatherrose

I agree the pictures did appear staged more for theatrical purposes
rather than an expression of life style choice.

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •