Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

After all that, the answer was simple...

Started by LostInTime, October 13, 2006, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

I guess my youthful metabolism did not die, it was just hidden underneath all of the garbage I was eating.  I have cut out fast food, sodas, and candy and *boom* I lose 9 pounds in less than a week.  Still need to work in some fruits and veggies but definately feeling better.

The big drawback is that I just got new pants and I have to now wear a belt to keep them on and in a few weeks they will not fit at all.

Well time to go out and take a stroll.

TTFN
  •  

lolli

Lit have you tried riding a bike?
you dont need to go off road riding though its is fun.
A bike connected to a turbo machine and turn the music upppp or watch the television.
Naaa turn the volume up and do some reps, just gentle spinning will help the weight drop.
After a 30 mile hard mountain bike ride I can drop 3lbs.
Swimming is good as well.
And there is nothing like a girl with tonned calfs in heels  :o !!

I'll get my coat
  •  

RebeccaFog

Excellent, LIT.

I did the same a few years back. Just cut out the garbage (except chocolate - my inner Doctor prescribes it). And I added walking too. It doesn't really take much. I think our youthful metabolisms just need to be revved up a little.

Keep up the good work.
  •  

nonie

My bf cut out fast food and pop, and dropped 30 lbs really fast...  I don't remember how fast anymore (bad with times and dates) but it was really fast, like a pound a day.
  •  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: Mikko on November 07, 2006, 03:34:43 PM
My bf cut out fast food and pop, and dropped 30 lbs really fast...  I don't remember how fast anymore (bad with times and dates) but it was really fast, like a pound a day.

The first time I did a major elimination diet, I lost 30 pounds in two months.  I kid you not.

I'm thinking about doing it again.  After all the food experimentation I've done recently, I feel like crap.  I really just need to keep it simple and avoid social eating.  Anytime I've done something simple, I feel great.  I swear I could live on oatmeal and orange juice.

Also keep in mind that I am not a large person by any means.  At the time, thirty pounds was about 20% of my total body weight.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Autumn

It's amazing what cutting back on junk food does for your body. just by removing most of the sweets you eat and eliminating soda (or using the 0 calorie stuff to trade fat for cancer) you will lose a ton of weight.

Smaller portions really helps, too, even when eating fast food. Eating frequently throughout the day but only having a little bit helps tremendously. Don't order a combo, order a larger sandwich. Instead of two burritos, get a loaded one so you don't get 200 calories from another tortilla.

Just don't starve yourself. Back in december I got a little anorexic after a terrible diet of junkfood, and the truth is you can actually stay the same weight, or be even slimmer, by eating non-starvation quantities. But if you starve yourself you'll balloon up if you have a carrot too many.
  •  

MeghanAndrews

I've been losing 15 pounds a month for the last two months. I'm at 149 now going down to 140. Here's my diet:
830 am     1 banana
1200 pm   2 slices wheat bread
                     3 oz skinless low fat turkey, 5 hard boiled egg whites, 1/2 liter water
330 pm      1 non fat yogurt, 1 apple
700 pm       1 lean cuisine dinner or boiled chicken and boiled veggies

I workout 5 times per week, only cardio (eliptical and walking treadmill). I also do intrnse stretching for 1/2. I've never felt so good physically or emotionally. I want my body to be in excellent and have good eating/exercising habits before I go on hormones in a few months. this schedule of eating and exercising works well for me.

the hardest part in the beginning? cutting out soda and sweets. I   LOVE CANDY!!! 

•  

Prince_Eric

I know what you mean. I lost 4 pounds in a week by not eating all the crap. Lets keep up the good work.
  •