Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Manchester's Annual Transgender Remembrance Vigil

Started by Alex, October 28, 2009, 06:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Alex

Manchester's fourth Annual Transgender Day Of Remembrance Vigil will take place on Sunday the 22nd November 2009. Each year a day is set aside to honour the memory of all those transpeople killed by violence every year and to affirm our resolve to report transphobic crime. Over 400 people are named as having been killed, with many more remaining unknown.

Assemble for the vigil in Sackville Park (off Canal Street, Manchester) at 3.45pm. The One Minute's Silence and reading of the names of the deceased will take place at 4pm by the Beacon of Hope. This will take place by candlelight so please bring a candle or lantern if you are able to. The vigil will last for approximately one hour, and will be followed by an informal gathering at Taurus bar (1 Canal Street) if people wish. Both Sackville Park and Taurus are fully accessible, although at Taurus we may use a private function room down one flight of stairs.

All are welcome; please feel free to bring a reading, flowers or another appropriate tribute.

Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=286708045370&index=1
  •  

Jay

Which I could come. Manchester is a little too far away for me.

Jay

•