Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

advertising?

Started by axlred66, October 29, 2009, 02:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axlred66

I have a question ... anyone can answer.

Is it considered "advertising" if I give people a chance to get their very own signed book - the book that my brother wrote?  He's not got any copies of it yet but he's on his way, just a few more steps to take.

I didn't want to get into trouble for posting about his book.  I don't know if it's advertising or not.  I read the TOS but I don't understand some parts of it.  Please forgive me.

•  

Sarah Louise

It probably would be better if you didn't, you can't sell his books here.  Even if you were offering them for free, there is still the shipping costs and giving each other physical addresses to ship things to.

You can certainly mention the name of your brothers book and if anyone wants to run out and buy one, that would be their business.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

axlred66

Quote from: Sarah Louise on October 29, 2009, 03:09:28 PM
It probably would be better if you didn't, you can't sell his books here.  Even if you were offering them for free, there is still the shipping costs and giving each other physical addresses to ship things to.

You can certainly mention the name of your brothers book and if anyone wants to run out and buy one, that would be their business.

Sarah L.

Come to think of it, it isn't a good idea to  tell others about just yet.  He's got a website of his very own too..  My brother once told me to tell everyone I know about his new book.

It's called Resurection Day.  I'd say it's a survival/horror/thriller book.  My brother was going to have the book availiable  on amazon dot com.  and a few other places I don't remember what al he said.

Thank you, Sarah L., for helping me decide to do the right thing.  I appreciate your advice. :)
  •