Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

JOURNEY & DEF LEPPARD

Started by Mario, October 15, 2006, 02:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

We just got back from the concert. It was pretty awsome. Although it was at an outdoor venue, and it rained. Not hard, but steady. That is California for ya. Hardly rains, but since we went to a concert in October, it rains. Even though Steve Perry is not with Journey anymore the dude that is the front man now sounds just like him. And now he is trying to look like him. Anyway, it was a good time, and Pam made me drink ???

Marco
  •  

BrandiOK

They came here too....I would like to have gone because I'm a big Def Leppard fan but no such luck.  I bet it was awesome....I'm a little jealous Marco. 
  •  

Hazumu

Quote from: Marco on October 15, 2006, 02:21:25 AM
Even though Steve Perry is not with Journey anymore the dude that is the front man now sounds just like him. And now he is trying to look like him. Anyway, it was a good time, and Pam made me drink ???

Marco

Did the Perry lookalike have close-set, beady eyes and a big nose?  (That was an in-joke from my band days -- friend-of-the-band had gone to high school with 'Stevie', but didn't know what he was doing 'these days' 'till a friend took her to a concert and she suddenly recognized 'Stevie' on stage (you-hadda-been-there...))

Glad you guys enjoyed the show!  So what did ??? taste like, and can I get in the convenience store?  ;)

Karen

(P.S., anybody remember 'Tree Frog Beer'?)
  •  

MarcosGirl

Hey now Karen...

You are talking about my high school heart throb.  Now...what is this that you know someone who went to high school with Stevie?  Who is this person?  How and when can I meet them??  This is how love struck I was with Steve and Journey...

When I graduated from high school, my parents took my best friend and I to San Francisco for a week.  Parents were there for a classical music convention and Karen (my then best friend) and I spent the entire week "looking for" Steve Perry's house.  We never did find it, but we had fun doing all the 'touristy' things that SF has to offer.

Anyway, the concert last night was AWESOME!  I was also a huge Def Leppard fan, but I never did get to see them for one reason or another over the years.  That was my 11th time seeing Journey.  I couldn't have asked for a better show.  Two of my favorite bands and my favorite man...what an evening!!

Oh, and BTW... ??? tastes like a berry margarita.  It was huge and in a nice souvenir cup.  It served the purpose...he started getting very 'chatty'.  Imagine if he would have had another...who knows what I might have found out.  The prices on those drinks are an outrage.  Marco's  ??? cost $13.00 and I had three beers that totalled $32.00 (they were really large beers).

My feet hurt today from all the dancing, but that's a small price to pay for all the fun!!!

;D ;D ;D
Pam
  •  

Hazumu

Kewl, pam!

I haven't seen this friend-of-the-band in YEARS, and can't even recall her name.  She was commenting about the classmate she knew, and not the iconic heartthrob you fell in love with.  There is a difference (somewhere, I think... )

I went to high school with Eric Martin, of Mr. Big  They opened for Rush at Arco Arena in Sacramento, and I had MY WTF moment.  Whatever his website says, he went to and graduated from Foothill High School in North Highlands, CA (there!! I OUTED him, I did... ;D )

Probably next season I'll go to the ampitheater near work with a (female) friend from work who loves heavy metal. They also have outrageously-priced food and beverage concessions, there, so I'm sure I can find my very own overpriced  ??? in a souvenier cup  ;)

I'm glad you and Marco had a wonderful time!  Life's too short to not dance in the rain to your favorite bands!

Karen
  •