Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Medical research on CAIS and breast cancer: please answer my questionnaire

Started by julie_n, November 08, 2009, 08:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julie_n

My name is Julie, I am a medical student at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. I am working on a research project with Dr Bruce Gottlieb of the Jewish General Hospital.

We are interested in a question as to why there are no reports of CAIS individuals with breast cancer. This is particularly intriguing, because a significant number of CAIS patients have been exposed to prolonged estrogen therapy, which would suggest that they should be more susceptible to breast cancer, rather than less. If it can indeed be established that CAIS individuals do not get breast cancer, we believe that it would open up a whole new avenue of research into the cancer and a possible cure for so many women.

If you have CAIS, I am kindly asking for your participation: you will only have to fill out a simple questionnaire asking if you have been screened for breast cancer  and if you have family history of breast cancer. It would take less than 5 minutes to answer.

Please note that the hospital's ethics committee has cleared this study and has extremely strict privacy guidelines, which have been set up to protect personal data, will handle all information that we receive.

Every participant makes a difference, and I sincerely appreciate your time. If you would like to receive a sample of the questionnaire, please email me at Julie.nguyen2@mail.mcgill.ca

Yours sincerely, 

Julie Nguyen
  •