Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Ambition

Started by Hannah, November 12, 2009, 10:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah

So, it's been two weeks without caffeine now, meh I miss it. This is the first unhealthy thing that I miss: I quit smoking, I eat right because it feels good, I exercise because it's fun, but I out and out gave up caffeine, there's no other way to put it.

I wonder if maybe a cup or two just in the morning would really be all that horrible, just to wash out the brain before starting the day. I just don't have any ambition without it. Has anyone ever had a sucessful life post caffeine, because I'm not seeing the upside at the moment  :(
  •  

Bellaon7

•  

heatherrose

Sweety, just give it six months, the research will be published,
proving caffeine is good for you. All things in MODERATION.

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Hannah

•  

Julie Marie

Caffeine, like nicotine, is an addictive legal drug, just not as addictive as nicotine.  The body has its own natural chemicals and when you introduce a chemical replacement or add more chemicals than the body needs, the body makes adjustments to its production.

Just as it takes a while for the body to react to overdosing, in this case caffeine, it takes a while for the body to return to natural production.  It is said it takes 30 days to break a habit, maybe that's partly due to the body making adjustments to try to get back to normal.

The problem you're facing now isn't ambition, it's energy.  You can ramp that up by simple exercise.  Take a walk, do some Yoga, anything to get the blood flowing.  The more intense the exercise, the more energy you'll gain from it.

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

heatherrose

"We" as a species, have been consuming coffee, cocoa, wine, pork,
beef, tobacco, sugar and bread for thousands of years . Then all of a
sudden (in a millennial sense) "man" becomes so arrogant as to think "he"
can improve upon nature, "Better living through chemistry" and as a result
we are now plagued with epidemics of Cancer, Alzheimer and various
and sundry horrific birth defects. All NATURAL things in moderation.

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Hannah

Quote from: heatherrose on November 12, 2009, 12:06:42 PM
bread for thousands of years

Thats an interesting addition, I believe the introduction of refined grains is relatively new in evolutionary terms. I read a fascinating article a while back about how we are tracking actual evolutionary changes in the brain with each generation to deal with the way refined grain and sugar change the glucose/insulin ratio faster than say, a barbecued mammoth tail. The article hypothesized that we will eventually evolve away from susceptibility to diabetes.

I exercise every day, I was just whining because I had just gotten out of bed and found my fresca very unsatisfying compared to a nice hot cup of french vanilla. Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a couple months and re-evaluate then.
  •  

Bellaon7

Quote from: Becca on November 12, 2009, 11:36:30 AM
lol, I'm a big girl, I can take it! Don't sugar coat!
Some one mentioned my posts have been unclear.

Post Merge: November 12, 2009, 04:00:32 PM

I once tried this energy drink called "Redline". The bottle clearly stated do not drink more than 1/2 until you see how your body reacts. Are you kidding me, it's available to children! I downed the sucker & nearly went into convuslions, even after being a caffeine addict. Natural? Pass the Salvia & hang on for dear life!
  •  

Janet_Girl

Bread has been made for generations.  But with whole grains and milled flour.  Beer also has been around for thousands of years.  The Egyptians had beer and bread as stables.  Modern breads and beers are not like the originals.

Giving up coffee is not necessarily a good thing.  If you like coffee, then drink Espresso.  It has less caffeine than brewed coffee, because the grounds do not soak in water.  Eat whole grain or multi-grain breads.

Janet
  •