Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Gendered legacies, heredity, place in the world

Started by Nero, November 19, 2009, 02:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Hey guys and dolls,

Been coming across a lot of gender lately in my research and feminism and the topic of women's history and legacy in the world came up. And it got me wondering. When the histories get divided in these discussions, which one is mine? Am I product of male legacy and heredities or female? Which history is mine? Which is more relevant to this - my mind or my genitals? The female reproductive system seems to be the sole factor in womens' history, legacy, and even oppression. It all comes back to the vagina. And I have one. So does my male mind matter more according to hereditary or my vagina?
Which history is mine?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Cindy

Inciteful as ever Bro.

But isn't family history a definition of patriarchal and matriarchal interaction rather than feminism?.

But you have given me a title for my Autobiography ' "My life as a Prick"

Sorry I seem to always bring things down a few levels :laugh: :laugh:

Hugs Hon

Cindy
  •  

jesse

i would unfortunately have to say it boils down to genetics your hereditary history is entirly based on your genetics and this negates the male mind in your case if i understood your question correctly
jessica
like a knife that cuts you the wound heals but them scars those scars remain
  •  

gennee

I often wonder who in my lineage was transgender. In my immediate family I am probably the least one everyone expected to be transgender. I have looked at things from the feminine point of view so maybe I have a feminine brain.

Gennee

:)
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

tekla

There are all kinds of histories, each sees part of the world, but only part.  To the degree that it touches upon you, then it's part of you, you own some small part in that story.

African-American History no doubt has a much huger part of gennee's life then mine, and I would never for a second doubt that her 'ownership' of it is far greater than mine.  Still, it's impacted my life in several ways, so there is small part of me in that, and it's mine also to that small degree.

Which history is yours?  All of them.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Kurzar

Hmm that is definately something to ponder.  I just had a call from my aunt last week telling me she felt like I do all her life, but that she's 'accepted' that she is sposed to be female cause that is what she was given. She of course was trying to get me to stay who I am. (yeah right).  She also told me that my gram's sister was much the same as her and I. So Now i'm seeing some sort of genetic something going on compared to just out of the blue where did this come from.
  •