Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

While Jamie's away the cats will ... What?!

Started by Jamie-o, January 06, 2010, 05:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie-o

I went away for the New Year's weekend.  When I got back home I heard this muffled mewling coming from the kitchen. 

Oh no!  I thought.  Did one of the cats manage to get locked in a cupboard or something? 

Now, I live in an apartment in a converted 1890's house, so things aren't always set up in the most convenient manner.  The only light switch in the kitchen is clear on the other side of the room from the entrance, next to the bathroom.  As I was making my way across the dark kitchen, I see this dark shape come lurching out of the bathroom.  I could tell it was a cat, but even in the dark I could tell it was somehow wrong.  Like its head had been skinned, or something.

My God!  What happened?
I thought as I flipped on the kitchen light. 

And there was poor Gremlin bumping her way around the kitchen with a soup can stuck on her head.
  •  

Miniar

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Janet_Girl

Maybe it is time for Daddy to get a new type of garbage can.

Janet
  •  

V M

Lol, I hope it was good soup  :laugh: You'll have to change her name to souphead
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Windrider

Oh, the poor dear!  I hope she's ok. I do think I would have LMAO while getting her out of the predicament though ;)

WR
  •  

Jamie-o

She's fine.  Thank you for your concern.  For a few minutes I was afraid I'd have to take her to the vet to get her head out.  She was really stuck, and I was afraid I would cut her on the sharp edges.  Fortunately I managed to get it off her head and, aside from being covered with soup, she was no worse for the wear.  I did have to wash the soup off around her neck where she couldn't reach it well, though.  She didn't like that.   :laugh: 

You're right, Janet, I probably should look for a new garbage can.  The thing is, cats usually have the sense not to stick their heads in places narrower than their whiskers.  This one, though, seems to be lacking in the good sense department.  ::)

And yeah, I felt bad for her, but it was also pretty funny.  >:-)
  •  

tekla

The thing is, cats usually have the sense not to stick their heads in places narrower than their whiskers.

Did you miss that whole memo about how curiosity killed the cat?  I've seen cats with their heads suck in things before, like Mason jars, it seems to be a habitual thing.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Jamie-o

Quote from: tekla on January 07, 2010, 10:58:27 AM
The thing is, cats usually have the sense not to stick their heads in places narrower than their whiskers.

Did you miss that whole memo about how curiosity killed the cat?  I've seen cats with their heads suck in things before, like Mason jars, it seems to be a habitual thing.

Maybe all my other cats were smarter than average.   :P
  •