Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Walking Marionette

Started by Megan, January 13, 2010, 09:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan

I was thinking; "I have complete control over my body... it's mine. Look at how attractive I am, I can do anything I want in this body, and it doesn't matter. I can switch my personality, and it doesn't matter because it wouldn't be me. Who is really judging me? They aren't judging me, but judging a character of myself. Why don't I flirt more often, why not? It doesn't matter"

So basically I am thinking, "I can do whatever I want with this body since it's disconnected from me".

What do you think of this train of though.
  •  

lisagurl

QuoteIt doesn't matter"

Not true. You are not alone on this planet and could not survive without others. You parents brought into this world. Society, culture , tradition, love, and many other things matter to everyone and your body and your well being.
  •  

EveMarie

QuoteSo basically I am thinking, "I can do whatever I want with this body since it's disconnected from me".

to me, sounds like the "I don't care" apathetic, self destructive kind of thinking. Body and mind go hand in hand, you have a beautiful mind, so use it wisely when considering your body, treat it well, nourish it, and be a bit more positive damn it! ;)

Evie
"You are not born a woman... you become one..."  Simone de Beauvior
"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."  Friedrich Nietzsche
  •