Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

>-bleeped-<shack Shacks Up in Salt Lake City

Started by Allamakee, January 15, 2010, 09:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allamakee

>-bleeped-<shack Shacks Up in Salt Lake City
QSaltLake.com
by JoSelle Vanderhooft
January 6, 2010

http://qsaltlake.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1586:>-bleeped-<shack-shacks-up-in-salt-lake-city&catid=26:local&Itemid=39

Although Utah's more conservative laws prohibit just about all of the above from happening onstage, four of >-bleeped-<shack's drag queens will nevertheless perform a scaled down show at Gossip during the week of the Sundance Film Festival. The show is one of many that the ladies have taken on the road since the club's official closure in August, 2008 to such venues as San Francisco's Folsom Street Fair and numerous Gay Pride Festivals.

<snip>

"I think that they [the Salt Lake City audience] should expect the unexpected," said Heklina. "Nontraditional drag, high brow art and very low brow trash. It's a mixture of the two. It's essentially a drag show but we take the performance part very seriously. I think in a lot of the more traditional drag shows the performance is secondary to wearing the gown and wig, but that's not how it is for us. What really matters is being on stage. People should expect to be entertained and possibly shocked a little bit."
  •  

tekla

Heklina is a great advocate for all of us, and one hell of an entertainer, and a true TG entrepreneur.  Good on her.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •