Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

SarahF, a member of #chat, has died

Started by Brianna, November 06, 2006, 02:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brianna

Some of you may remember SarahF, a disabled denizen of the #chat side of Susan's. I just confirmed with the coroner that she died yesterday. Although the cause is still under official investigation, there is every reason to believe it was a suicide with prescription drugs and alcohol

SarahF volunteered at a GLBT support center in Los Angeles. She was fighting a difficult custody battle, and I had talked with her on many occasions about her frustration because of it. In her own words, she was struggling with severe depression.

Her death should be a lesson for all - if you are experiencing thoughts of suicide, get help immediately. SarahF will be missed, and is survived by her son among others.

Brianna
  •  

tinkerbell

I just heard this a few minutes ago, and it sadens me deeply to know that another life is wasted.  People who feel suicidal should get help immediately...and if you don't know what number to call, you can always dial 911 and they will help you.  Please don't kill yourselves, there is enough death in the world already. :(

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

LadySerena

Christi and I both feel we have failed.  There is an eerie feeling in the apartment, an unnatural silence.

It was yesterday morning Christi found her and called 911.  I woke an hour and a half later to a voice I did not recognize.  When I went into the front room, there was a Sheriff.  Even before he said "Oh, hey, how're you?  Coffee's ready." my first thought was "Oh >-bleeped-<."  While we were waiting for the homicide detective and the coroner to show up, the Sheriff asked us a few questions, which the homicide detective asked us again.  The coroner sealed off her room.

Through the entire day, I felt disconnected, as if I were looking through someone else's eyes.  The feeling of surrealism is still with me, and I am still continually on the verge of crying.  Lastly, the art of coherent thinking still hasn't returned to me, and I don't expect it to for a while.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: LadySerena on November 06, 2006, 03:25:07 PM
Christi and I both feel we have failed.  There is an eerie feeling in the apartment, an unnatural silence.

It was yesterday morning Christi found her and called 911.  I woke an hour and a half later to a voice I did not recognize.  When I went into the front room, there was a Sheriff.  Even before he said "Oh, hey, how're you?  Coffee's ready." my first thought was "Oh crap."  While we were waiting for the homicide detective and the coroner to show up, the Sheriff asked us a few questions, which the homicide detective asked us again.  The coroner sealed off her room.

Through the entire day, I felt disconnected, as if I were looking through someone else's eyes.  The feeling of surrealism is still with me, and I am still continually on the verge of crying.  Lastly, the art of coherent thinking still hasn't returned to me, and I don't expect it to for a while.

I am so sorry LadySerena  :icon_hug:  My heart goes out to you in this terrible moment.  I know how hard it is to lose a friend.  Hang in there; we are all here for you! :)

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Melissa

Yes, my heart goes out to you too LadySerena.  I started feeling that "disconnected" feeling just as I was reading through your post.  I am so sorry.  Many hugs.

Melissa
  •  

Cindi Jones

LadySerena,

Thank you so much for giving us some of the details.  May I convey my deepest sympathies for your loss.  There is nothing more you could have done for her, your friend.  You were there when she needed you.  She failed to talk to you.  May she find the happiness she failed to discover in this life.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

madison

I am at a loss for words.

It is so deeply upsetting to me, after finding so much hope here, that so many of us have understood that dark place, and can still be driven towards it. My heart goes out to all who had the joy of knowing SarahF. Be strong, healthy, and happy and know that you are in my thoughts.

love,
Madison
  •  

Steph

I just wanted to add my condolences and that my thoughts are with those who knew her and I hope that she is now free from her torment.

She did not die in vain.

Steph
  •  

Robyn

Dear Lady Serena and Christi,

You didn't fail.  You gave someone hope and support.  What a person does with that is no reflection on you.

What happened was Sara's decision.  I'm so sorry that she couldn't find her way to the good things in life that were waiting around the corner.  Hopefully, she is at peace.  Her loss hurts me.

What she has done to you hurts me, too.  Don't let it hurt you.  There is help for you, too, to get past the trauma and the hurt.

Bright blessings.

Peace will come.

Robyn

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

Luc

My thoughts and prayers go out to Sarah's roommates and family. Just as everyone else has said... I'm certain her death will not be in vain.

Rafe
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

Kate Thomas

I must admit I never had occasion to chat with SarahF but her story has touched a spot deep within my heart.

sadness takes its toll.

peace be with you all.

Kate Alice
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

Owen

My prayers are with Sarah's roomates and family. This is most sad.

I offer my condolences.

Owen

Love being female
  •  

Ricki

Lady Serena,
I am sorry too not knowing you guys at all, but is your friend maybe in a happy place, god's hands looking down on you and us and smiling and happy......
My regrets
Ricki
  •  

BrandiOK

I remember Sarah from Chat and I know she suffered greatly......I hope she finds some peace now.  <fly free sis...fly free>
  •  

brina

Hiee,

I did not know Sarah nor her friends, but I do know what it feels like to loose someone you care about. She made her choice and I expect that she is finally free of this earth bound turmoil that we all have to endure to one degree or another. Celebrate her life for the time she was here as she would probably also want that rather then sorrow for her friends.

Byee,
  Brina
  •