Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

bad idea

Started by Hannah, February 07, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah

I ate a pan of crispy fried jalapeño peppers with my dinner tonight.

Bad idea.

I don't feel very well.

:icon_chew:
  •  

Muffin

lol...... been there. Maybe not with jalapeño peppers but with....well.... the other night I ate a big bag of smarties for dinner >_< not the smartest thing I've done, oooooooooo a pun how rare.
I think I need a lay down.
  •  

lizbeth

Quote from: Becca on February 07, 2010, 02:27:11 AM
I ate a pan of crispy fried jalapeño peppers with my dinner tonight.

"homer_drool.jpg"
  •  

aubrey

I had a cold this week and was on a major chili pepper kick, especially Thai chilis. But jalapenos....they always lead to bad things.
  •  

IndigeoAliquis

Heehee, sorry it didn't work out for you.. I've eaten jalapenos right out the jar as snacks since I was about four years old.. (Everyone tends to do so, south Louisiana, etc etc etc.)

Did they have the inner membrane and seeds removed? Leaving both or either will up the capsaicin amount by a factor of.. like.. a ton. Being a natural irritant for tissue doesn't help either.  >:-)

Thank you, now I'm going retrieve the jar from my fridge. I'm drooling like Pavlov's dog..
  •  

Hannah

Well I did it again and this time I was up all night bleeding and barfing. I've never reacted to jalapeños like this before! I'm not gonna give up on them, I'll get a milder jar next time but the bleeding gave me a new respect for the authority of the pepper.
  •  

Suzy

Yummy!   I love them.  Never had those particular problems with them.  More like a case of the sizzlin' butt a little later.

Kristi
  •  

placeholdername

I put them in my sandwiches every day.  Love some habanero too!  Bleeding sounds bad.
  •  

Janet_Girl

habaneros and jalapenos and I do not get along at all.
  •  

LordKAT

sounds like time to get treated for an ulcer or such
  •  

Hannah

I think they inflammed my innards, including my bowels. I'll live, I prepared a rather tame snack tonight of okra and Vienna sausages, lol. It reached. Point though where even my tears were burning my eyes! I like to fry them crisp and snack on them like that, but this bottle of extra hot is roasting me, not the other way around.
  •  

rejennyrated

I read somewhere that there was a marked gender difference in the biochemical way that males and females reacted to chillis. I wonder if HRT moves one from one reaction to the other.

I often eat raw jalperno's and habaneros without ill effect. Make the lips tingle like nothing else! :)

But I agree bleeding is NOT good and should really be checked out. Could be an interaction between the chilli and one of your meds.
  •  

aubrey

So tru Laura. I had a breakfast burrito with jalapenos this morning.
  •  

LordKAT

Love the hot stuff, just had 3 beers with mega tobasco sauce and jalapeno pepper sauce, tasted great!!! good part, I nebver suffer afterwards. Lucky me from the sound of things
  •