Main Menu

Transform Yourself With Veronica Vera

Started by Allamakee, February 10, 2010, 04:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allamakee

Transform Yourself With Veronica Vera
South Florida Gay News.com
Feburary 6, 2010

http://www.southfloridagaynews.com/life-and-style/fashion/482-veronica-vera-momafl.html

Robert Mapplethorpe model Veronica Vera is Dean of New York City's Miss Vera's Finishing School for Boys Who Want to Be Girls and author of Miss Vera's Cross-dress for Success (Villard, 2002) and Miss Vera's Finishing School for Boys Who Want to Be Girls (Doubleday,1997).

Join Miss Vera at the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Art Thursday, February 25th and Saturday, February 27th for her interactive stage presentations and workshops.
  •  

spacial

Nice if you can get to  Fort Lauderdale.

Naturally pleased for those who can.

But....but.....b..b..b... :icon_cry:
  •  

kaide

I've heard about this, idk though, from what i've read about it after they are done you don't come off as a girl, you look like a drag queen.
  •  

Constance

I've perused the book "Miss Vera's Cross-dress for Success" and it didn't seem to be aimed at drag. I just didn't like the style of the writing, so I left it at the store.

Still, some of the tips seemed worthwhile.

kaide

Well I've never read it or anything, i'm just going by what i've heard about it online in articles and such.
  •  

Constance

To be honest, I have read the whole book either. I was considering buying it and spent about 1/2 an hour looking through it. I think she does do some of the more sensational stuff, but I think I'll pass. It's not like I can afford a trip to FL anytime soon, anyway.

If she came to the SF Bay area, I'd think a little more seriously about it.