Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Stuffed?

Started by V M, February 14, 2010, 09:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

How do you explain to your dog that it's babies are stuffed animals?  ::)

My dog use to give his "babies" baths regularly...But now he picks them up and whimpers and nudges at them like he thinks they're dead  :'(

Then he gives me evil looks like I had something to do with it :P

Ooohhhh the drama...Anyone else deal with pet stuff like this?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Janet_Girl

When my Boo Bear was alive he thought they were all prey.  He would throw them up in the air, catch them, and shake the stuffing out of them.  Til the stuff would literally come out of them.
  •  

V M

Buddy Dog is totally emotional and thinks he has to mother everything

Of coarse if anything goes wrong it's all my fault...I control the universe ya know...LOL
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

LordKAT

I think you have an unusual dog. Hope he/she for gives you and forgets soon,
  •  

Crow

Back in around... 5th grade, I had a golden retriever anmed Bailey who decided to adopt a rather bedragled looking stuffed gorilla that someone threw out the window of a school bus. He carried around that gorilla and cuddled it for weeks, though eventually he started to lose interest. It was kind of adorable. x3
Top Surgery Fund: $200/7,000
  •  

spacial

I did some reading on animal behaviour some years ago to relate it to something else.

I recall that neurosis in dogs is very similar to humans but without the restraints of social conflict. (Since a dog's society is you, presumably).

You simply need to deal with it as a neurotic behaviour and manage in much the same way as in humans.

•  

V M

I don't believe he is neurotic. But rather a loving and caring animal that would rather have living, breathing babies as apposed to lifeless stuffed toys

- V M
  •