Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The New Alice In Wonderland

Started by Alex_I_Think, March 09, 2010, 11:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_id

I saw it yesterday in 3D. It's a nice movie, I had fun with it, and ended up spending the rest of the eve with a group of White Queen impressionists. However, like others commented; it didn't blow my mind.

I think what it comes down to is that... I never really felt like I was in Wonderland, the setting just seemed to rely so much more on the characters rather than the background splendor, and the 'added characters' just didn't seem to fit properly...
Tara: The one time in my life I thought I was happy, I was a f**kin zombie.

True Blood S3E2
  •  

Miniar

The 3D "is" pretty and looks cook... but it's just not enough!
I don't care how pretty a movie is! If the plot is holey and the characters are weak and the story isn't great, the movie is STILL rubbish, even if it's in 3D.
So what irks me is the reliance on 3D...
Use it, by all means use it! But don't rely on it!

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

tekla

It's Hollywood, they tend to do concepts with gimmicks far more then they do movies most of the time.  3-D is like any other component, no amount of Star Power can ever make up for a crappy script and story.  They tend not to want it good, they want it Tuesday.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

mr_marc

Even though i didn't see it in 3D, it was brilliant.
Could of done with out the dance lol, but apart from that the mad hatter was well portrayed.
Though it was a different side of Tim Burton have to say.
  •