News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A Day Spent Name Changing

Started by stephanie_craxford, August 02, 2005, 04:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

Hi everyone,

Well my wife and I spent most of the day in town going around changing my name in all the relevant places.  First stop was the local Minisrty of Transport Office, where I cjanged my drivers license, and vehicle registrations.  Next stop was my local Dodge Dealer, then it was off to the Ministry of Health to change my health card, and then it was off to the Federal Human Resources Office to get my Social Insurance Number  changed.  Finally it was off to the Insurance office, to get the insurance changed.

It all went really well, I was expecting a couple of complications, but happily there were none.  In fact at the insurance office the clerk there said how much she liked my hair.    :)  I guess the worst thing that could happen is that the photos that everyone took at the various offices will be horrible, and I will be stuck with them for the next five years  :)

That done we went to a local pub, to celebrate with a pint of Dragons Breath (a wonderful beer) the waitress greated us with a "what can I get you ladies"  :)  Lifes little victories.

All in all a very good day.

Steph
  •  

Sheila

What a happy day for you. I think that was one of my most memorable days also. I had to do it by myself. You are lucky to have someone with you to celebrate with. Did you also change the gender on all of these documents?
Sheila
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Sheila

QuoteDid you also change the gender on all of these documents?

It would have been nice if I could have changed the gender, but to do that I need a letter from a surgeon, or a doctor stating that I am now female.  I guess it's the polite way to do things rather than just dropping your pants  ;D ;D ;D

So until I actually get GRS (hopefully this time next year) the gender box on my documents will have to remain checked as male :(  But i can wait... :)

Take care

Steph

•