Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Sugaring

Started by Aiko, March 21, 2010, 09:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiko

Has anyone tried sugaring? I am wondering how well it works compared to waxing and if it is worth trying as an alternative to shaving my legs.
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have not tried it, but it sound like a good alternative.
  •  

Hikari

I haven't tried it, but it seems to me that an electronic epilator would do better than manual methods of epilation (waxing, sugaring, threading, plucking, etc). YMMV, but for me pulling hair out tends to hurt about the same no matter what, I know waxing is quick and that changes it for some people but, not really for me. (I use a panasonic epilator personally, so no waxing for me)

The biggest thing about sugaring seems to be getting the mix of ingredients right, I have no useful advice as to how to do this, but I do know many older women who all seem to have their own recipe and make all kinds of dubious claims as to how necessary they are.  What I do know, is that the results they have got are pretty comparable to waxing, but that stands to reason as it is just another form of epilation.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

MasterAsh

Quote from: Hikari on March 21, 2010, 10:53:53 PM
The biggest thing about sugaring seems to be getting the mix of ingredients right, I have no useful advice as to how to do this, but I do know many older women who all seem to have their own recipe and make all kinds of dubious claims as to how necessary they are.  What I do know, is that the results they have got are pretty comparable to waxing, but that stands to reason as it is just another form of epilation.

The ingredients and the preparation are the hardest parts. A good candy thermometer is a must until getting the hang of it.

For my legs, I've tried sugar wax, a rotary epilator, and an electric razor. Sugaring by far gave me the best results, even with my deep roots. However, the preparation and the mess became a hassle, as well as waiting for the hair to grow long enough to yank. I just shave for now.

The epilator was really hit and miss with me specifically because of my roots. Many hairs would break and become ingrown. And then lighter regrown hairs from successful pulls would eventually become too weak to survive a pull, breaking and becoming ingrown, too. I do use it on my feet just fine, though, thanks to shallower roots.
  •  

Michelle.

•