News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Another Surprise

Started by stephanie_craxford, August 03, 2005, 08:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

Weeeeeeeell

My wife will be telling her mother about me tomorrow.  We had talked about doing this but it's still a bit of a shock as I didn't realise that it was going to happen so soon.  I'm closer to my mother-in-law than I am to my own mother, so it will be interesting to see how she takes it.  My wife will be alone when she tells her (her request) and we are setting things up by phoning my wifes brother and his wife to let them know that this will happen tomorrow.  We did this because we know that mom will phone them afterwards and they both support us with my transition.  Still mom is 85, so who knows how she will take it, I've known her for 36 yesrs now.

We shall see

Chat later Steph.
  •  

Brenda32

Soooooo, how'd it go.  How'd did she take it?
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Weeeeeeeeeeeell

She took it as well as can be expected,  :)  She doesn't undrestand, and she will never see our side of things.  She said that she's seen TV shows about it, and as far as she is concerned trans people are just out to get attention.  You have to realise that this lady complains about the food before she even tastes it  ;D    We'll never be able to change her mind, and at 85, what's the point.  She hasn't disowned us or struck us off any wills, but the important part is that she now knows.   :)

Both my wife and I feel so much better telling her, as now we've been upfront and honest with her.

She still loves us, which is the most important part.

Take care

Steph
  •