Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Improved regrowth of hairline with Minoxidil and Retin-A

Started by Chrissty, May 09, 2010, 03:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrissty

OK, for us older gal's its on ongoing topic..

..but I have just come across some information that suggests the use of Retin-A with Minoxidil can have an effect on the all important male pattern baldness of the forehead.

Minoxidil is generally known to have good documented effects on the crown, but little if any effect on the forehead.

The suggestion seems to be to use a Retin-A blend, which can cause a little temporary redness but apparently makes the skin more able to absorb the Minoxidil. Results are documented as the Dr Adam Lewenberg Formula, but Retin-A can be purchased separately as a cream to use with generic brands.

Retin-A is more commonly used in higher concentrations for acne treatments (and wrinkles), and like all preparations instructions and contra-indications should be read first and medical advice sought wherever possible.

The main issue with Retin-A is for those of us likely to see prolonged sun exposure, because it has a "facial peel" like effect that reduces the density of the upper layer of the skin sometimes causing a "heating effect", and therefore eye/gland contact must also be avoided.

If this has been posted before, my apologies, but I checked first with a search in the Wiki and the forums. Due to the stated general use of this item it may well be covered by insurances too.

Chrissty
  •  

Janet_Girl

I am going to have to remember this, come Wednesday.
  •