News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

My First Party

Started by stephanie_craxford, August 06, 2005, 12:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

This was completly out of the blue.

We went to the local town fair tonight, and attended the concert, being entertained by a local band.  My wife and I were with two of our closest friends, and we were having a great time rocking to the oldies.  At the end of the show, our friends asked us if we wanted to go with them to the bands country place for an after hours party.  Not having much time to think, they said we should go with them and that we could stop at their place to freshen up before we went to the party.  I guess I had that "deer in the headlights" look about me and everyone one said "come on it will be fun, you will be ok".

So off we went.  We stopped at our friends house first so that I check my make-up etc... and after a nervous pee, we went to the party.  You know what, we had a great time, no one suspected a thing,   I felt so comfortable we just got out there, mingle and chatted, with the band membres, their families and crew, and we even started to make plans for other parties and get togethers.

My wife and I moved from the city to get some privacy and peace and quiet, but at the party our friends pointed out that "when you lived in the city you sometimes know who lives to your right and who lives to your left.  But here in the country, everyone knows everyone, and everything about everyone."

A scary though but true.

Steph
  •  

Shelley

Brings truth to that old adage that there is safety in numbers. Although I wouldn't move back to the city to be less conspictuous.

Shelley
  •