Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What exactly does it mean to be "spiritual" but not religious?

Started by Arch, June 12, 2010, 12:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jess42

To me being spiritual means to allow my own perceptions, life experiences, open mindedness to possiblities, approaches to society, actions and reactions to people and a lot of other things define my views of intellegent design and devine creation. Religious to me means to allow someone else to define those same views through doctrines and stories from long ago. My spirituality is dynamic and means that my views can evolve according to what I experience good and/or bad.

I don't fit in any religion and never have. My view of God is that God is both male and female. I believe in reincarnation, I believe that the old writings are just man's perceptions of the world and spirtuality written in the mindset of the time they were written, back then a Bic lighter would be a "magic fire stick". I believe that religions are cyclical.

BTW, when I say God it is used as a term for whatever It may be. It could be many or one of any or both genders. I just really don't think we can comprehend the true identity of such at this point in time.
  •  

Natkat

Hard question.
For me spiritual is when your 1 man having an opinion and felling, belife of the big questions in life, and religious is when you follow a certain parth of belife who already been followed by many others in one way or another.

But religious as I see it only referns to if it typical nowday,
old mytologys and so on are not mention as religion and the people follow them are more called "spiritual" as I see it. So I guess it also depend abit on how common your belife is what to label it underneath.
  •