News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The first day of the rest of my life

Started by stephanie_craxford, August 07, 2005, 08:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell.

Tomorrow is my first day at work as Stephanie.  Although I'm a little nervous, I'm also very excited.  Everything is in place so there should be no surprises (nothing drastic anyway, I hope).  It has almost been a year in the making, and the company is backing me 100%.

Of course tomorrow morning will be crazy.  My wife has alredy told me that she has to get ready for work herself,  so she won't have time to mess around with me trying to get ready... "So stay out of my way":)  Good thing we have separate bathrooms  :)

I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully it will be a none event.

Chat later

Steph
  •  

Kimberly

*HUG* Luck Steph (= I'm sure you'll do just fine! (=
  •  

Brenda32

I find the best thing to do when you work with kids, is respect them.  Sooo many people talk down to them or say they won't understand something.  Trust me...they understand better than we do.  Respect them and they will respect you no matter what you're wearing. 

Good luck!
  •  

stephanie_craxford

As I was hoping for, my first day was a non-event  :)  I believe that this is partly due to preparation, by the company and myself.  The briefings and the harassment workshop that were conducted prepared all the employees for today, so that I was greeted with polite surprise, compliments, a hug, and a "can we finally start calling you Stephanie"  :)

It really felt good to finally be me "everywhere", I can't believe the relief I'm experiencing, and the warm feeling that I have.   :D

Steph
  •  

Dennis

Congratulations Stephanie, I'm glad to hear it was a non-event. It must be a relief to finally be yourself in all areas of your life.

Dennis
  •  

Sheila

Stephanie, I'm glad everything went very well indeed. Don't be surprised later when someone starts to make something of this. I don't know what you do, but there is always a fly in the soup. So be prepared and don't let your guard down for a while. I started a new part-time career as a school bus driver, I'm retired from my other career, everything was OK and then about two weeks of driving someone complained to the supervisor. It was about restrooms. I talked to my boss and she told me to use certain restrooms while she worked this out. Now I am fully transitioned, surgery and all. About two weeks later I got called into the supervisors office and she told me that she was sorry for the inconvenience and that if that person who complained wants to complain more they can use those other restroom and that I could do whatever I wanted being a woman. She jokingly said now you can't use the men's room now. It has been over a year now and I'm fully accepted and if fact one girl asked me if I had my kids ceasarean or vaginally. She just forgot. She saw my scars on my tummy. So Stephanie just be prepared.
Love Sheila
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Shiela.

QuoteI started a new part-time career as a school bus driver, I'm retired from my other career, everything was OK and then about two weeks of driving someone complained to the supervisor.

What a coincidence.  I work for a national school bus company myself.  I am the Driver Developement and Safety Officer, at my branch.  If you had applied for a job where I work I would have been the one who would have trained you.  :)  Who would have thunk...

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I do plan on keeping my guard up.  You can never tell these days what may happen.

Take care

Steph
  •  

Denise01

Stephanie:

i waas just thinking yesterday that  it would be the first day you went to work as your real self Stephanie.
I am so happy for you that every thing went well and also that this will continue in the future.
Bet of Luck

Chat Later

Denise
  •  

Cailyn

Congrats Stephanie.  Your transition has seemed like a very positive experience for you and is, I think, an inspiration to others.  Good luck and continued success to you.

Cailyn
  •