Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Trans culinary recipe sharing!

Started by Ricki, November 16, 2006, 09:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricki

I post this but do not really expect huge replies but if you read and it wets your appetite then i am happy and did my job!  I just did a cooking demonstration for a group at work and here was the menu i demo cooked for the group!
Hope you like!
Winter salad with swiss cheese, almonds & a cranberry viniagrette
Chilled pumpkin soup with cinnamon crudette`
Angry corn chowder and pumpkin souffle served in a roasted apple shell
Grilled chicken breast over greens &  Carmelized red onions with a warm pumpkin caramel sauce.[/b][/b][/i]
The theme was fall or thanksgiving and i felt turkey this time of the year is over rated and pumpkin is under-rated..people as a rule either do too little with pumpkin or do not know the many uses of it!
Enjoy, yes recipes available if you'd like me to cut and paste them!
Luv
Ricki
  •  

Steph

Quote from: Ricki on November 16, 2006, 09:19:16 PM
I post this but do not really expect huge replies but if you read and it wets your appetite then i am happy and did my job!  I just did a cooking demonstration for a group at work and here was the menu i demo cooked for the group!
Hope you like!
Winter salad with swiss cheese, almonds & a cranberry viniagrette
Chilled pumpkin soup with cinnamon crudette`
Angry corn chowder and pumpkin souffle served in a roasted apple shell
Grilled chicken breast over greens &  Carmelized red onions with a warm pumpkin caramel sauce.[/b][/b][/i]
The theme was fall or thanksgiving and i felt turkey this time of the year is over rated and pumpkin is under-rated..people as a rule either do too little with pumpkin or do not know the many uses of it!
Enjoy, yes recipes available if you'd like me to cut and paste them!
Luv
Ricki

Ok, no fair now I have to go eat.  It does sound yummy :)

Steph
  •  

Nero

Well, since you can't come here and whip them up for me, please do post the recipes. :D
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Ricki

Hey thank you!  a spark of culinary fury out there!
very easy here goes...
Angry Cream corn and Pumpkin Soufflé`

Cream corn entrée            1 cup         (pre-made product)
Canned pumpkin            ½ cup
Parsley chopped            1 tsp
Salt & pepper            to taste

Combine corn entrée and pumpkin; add parsley, season if desired.  Place in small soufflé dishes or inside of an apple (hollowed out fruit).
Bake in 350 degree oven for 16-22 minutes or until heated.

Serves 3-1/2oz portions

Harvest Pumpkin Soup

Vanilla yogurt            1 cup         (low fat, no added sugar)
Canned Pumpkin            ½ cup
Milk            ½ cup         (low fat, skim, or cream)
Brown sugar            ¼ cup         (sub *splenda)
Honey            1 tbsp         (*splenda or omit)
Cinnamon            ½ tsp
Whipped cream
Cinnamon toast crudités`               (*sub apple cider for milk)

Combine ingredients and stir until consistency is fairly thin and smooth.  This soup should be like a thin pudding.
Serve in a bowl, wine goblet, hollowed out mini pumpkin or what ever you like.  Garnish with a whipped cream flower and a cinnamon toast piece.  Serves 4-3oz servings
Winter Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette`

Mixed salad greens         1 cup         (any kind you like)
Cherry tomato            2 each
Swiss cheese            2 oz         (strips or cubes)
Almonds            1/8 cup         (sliced-sub any nuts)
Dressing:
Oil            3oz         (any kind)
Cider vinegar            1 ½ oz
Cranberry sauce            2 oz
Honey            2 tbsp
Water            2 tbsp
Salt & pepper            to taste

Arrange greens on plate place items on salad.  Combine ingredients for dressing and shake or stir well.  Refrigerate if not using until needed.  Drizzle dressing over salad.
Fresh cranberries, pear, or apple slices would also add a nice crunch to your fall salad.
Serves two salads.
Grilled Chicken Breast with Warm Pumpkin Caramel Glaze

Chicken breast, grilled      2 each         (4-5 oz breast)
*note-you can also sauté chicken in skillet instead of grilling)
Canned pumpkin            ¼ cup
Caramel sauce            1/8 cup
Milk            2 tbsp         (or water)
Black pepper            as needed

Red onions, sliced            1-1/2 cups
Oil            2 tbsp
Red wine            1/8 cup         (sub water or apple juice)

Mixed greens            ½ cup

1.  Prepare onions this will be the under-liner for your chicken.  We are basically going to caramelize the onions.  In skillet or small pan over medium heat sauté the onions in oil, when they begin to get translucent (at this point they will begin to caramelize or brown-the sugars come out of the onions causing the browning), add wine and lower heat and simmer until they are soft-set aside until needed.

2.  Grill or sauté chicken as desired, you can also use a pre cooked or pre grilled product from your local store to ease in the meal preparations.  While doing this assemble sauce by combining pumpkin, caramel, milk, and pepper.

To finish plate presentation place some red onions on the plate, place a small handful of the mixed greens off to the side of the onions, arrange the chicken piece offset on the onions.  Drizzle chicken and greens with pumpkin caramel sauce.
Serve!  This serves two servings.

You can also combine the above recipes for an entire meal and place the angry cream corn and pumpkin soufflé on the dinner plate with the chicken.  Serve the soup first, then salad, then entree.
Chef Tip:  the soup can double up or be used as a think pudding for a dessert instead of a sweet chilled soup!
Thanks for the feedback!
Ricki
I should of noted this was for a diabetes class if i did not before if diabetic adjust the recipes if not use regular sugars and stuff!
  •  

Rei Ayanami

Shhhhh...... don't Tell anyone I told you this in the past this has been refered to a "Cursed" recipe since the people who have given it out have "passed" within 6 months of sharing it.

From a place called a Slice of Heaven
No Bake Cheese Cake

Crust 1 3/4-2 cups graham crumbs
6-8  rounded teaspoons of sugar
1/4lb of butter

Combine graham crumbs and sugar in a spring form pan. Melt butter. Stir butter into crumb mixture until crumbs are completely moistened. Level crumb muxture with a fork and lightly tamp down. Place in fridge for 15-30 min while preparing the filling.

Filling: In order of use.
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Almond extract
3 Egg Yolks
3 8oz cream cheese (Room Temp) (2-4 hours do not warm in microwave)( Philly cream cheese only)
16 oz sour cream
16 oz Real whipping cream (35%)
1 cup Ice cold water
3 pkgs Knox unflavored Geletin

Cream together first four ingredients until pale Yellow and silky smooth.
Place in cream cheese and hand mux until creamy. Thoroughly mix in sour cream.
In a separate chilled Metal Bowl and chilled utensil - whip cream until stiff.
Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until consistancy is uniform.
Pour Geletin packets into cold water, let stand 2-3 min - stir with spoon and microwave for 2 1/2 min until clear - resin.
Carefully pour into centre of original Mixture and Slowly Stir until uniform.
Pour onto crust. Place in Fridge for at least 6 Hours covered with Tinfoil (if it is watery let stand in fridge for 4 hours uncovered)
Run a knife around side of pan. Remove side, Cut into 16 Peices and carefully replace side. Top with your desired "pie topping" my Favorites are Cherry or blueberry

If you want a chocolate cheese cake add 1 packet powdered chocolate Truffle mix and 1/2 a box of unsweetened bakers chocolate to the cream cheese mixture before the Geletin)

.......source (deep throat) ;)
  •  

Ricki

that was cute, very good recipe dialogue!  You know when cooking or entertaining
the story telling and dialogue is like 90% of it?
I dunno guess that's why when i was teaching cooking classes and doing the chef demo stuff people enjoy me cooking and interacting soo much?
hmmmm how could i turn that into a business i love that, I admit i would love to have a television show and do cooking on tv, I'm jealous of rachel rae (sp?), Emeril, etc.. Not of their (with respect: to each it applies IMHO) cooking talent or lack of talent in some cases, but in the idea that they have a show and can share and talk to people and show things in foods!
Aghhhh any rich girls or guys out there wanna set me up as a sponser?  I can wear a chef coat above and skirt below and be the first official transsexual chef on tv? Hmm i think my ratings would not do soo well....
Rei.. I like this cheesecake recipe (simplicity for the non cook) years back i either did this exact same one or one very very similiar to it!  same Jello-Philadelphia brand-Cool whip-Nestles- they have these competitions for recipes and they test them all and then get sole rights to the recipe!
I'll have to post my one i did with Kellogg's that was a big time winner!
thanks
culinary kisses
Ricki
  •