Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

"Going Bovine" by Libba Bray

Started by Crypt77, June 22, 2010, 02:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crypt77

So I read "Going Bovine" by Libba Bray a month ago and I must say, it was an awesome story! There was also a transexual or cross-dresser character in the story (even though they only had a minor role, the role was very powerful).

If anyone is looking for a fun, funny, adventure type of a book, I definitely recommend this book.

Has anyone else read it?
  •  

Constance

I just finished it earlier today. I did read it fast -- I got caught up in it. But, I don't really remember any trans or CD characters in the story, as I don't think what was done to the gnome counts as CD-ing.

Crypt77

Quote from: Shades O'Grey on July 18, 2010, 10:39:19 PM
I just finished it earlier today. I did read it fast -- I got caught up in it. But, I don't really remember any trans or CD characters in the story, as I don't think what was done to the gnome counts as CD-ing.

Haha no, no. The whole trans character had nothing to do with the gnome. I am not sure if she was a crossdresser or MTF but Miss Demeanor was her name.
  •  

Constance

*smacks forehead*

Of course; the drag queen. Like I said, I was so caught up in the book that I read it so fast that I missed some details. I just thought of her as a person, and missed the details of her personage.

Crypt77

Haha, yeah I get ya. Did you like the book though?
  •  

Constance

Yes, I did enjoy the book. While reading it, there seemed to be plot holes. But, I felt that those holes were explained by the way it ended.

Crypt77

Yup, that's what I was feeling too. It made me go back and read some of the chapters while I progress in the book.
  •  

Constance

I did my share of flipping back and forth, too.