News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A sad funeral

Started by Witch of Sadness, November 18, 2006, 07:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witch of Sadness

Hi Folks,

On Friday I was on a burial celebration of a good friend. She had like me at the Mormons and she also had been transsexual like me. She had committed suicide because she was excluded from the LDS and her Mormon family turned away from her.
At the burial ceremony I met the relatives of my deceased friend. It was hurtful to me as I saw that they ignored her first name which was changed from male into female and that she already had her transsition. Because they always talked about her in a manly form.
Both Mormons and her transsexual friend were present, to gave her the last honor on the cemetery. I saw how contemptuously, frightened or furious looked the family of my deceased friend to her transgendered friends. Funny, I thought! The Mormons demand tolerance of others but they aren't ready to give others tolerance. Whether it lies at the "water"?

WoS
  •  

tinkerbell

I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend's passing.  Please accept my condolences.  Unfortunately, what drives most TS people to suicide is the pressure and the ignorance of society, including family.  It saddens me deeply to read about disintegrating families just because a member of that family is transsexual.  The ironic part is that in death and sorrow, we tend to be together even if we don't stand each other. :(

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Cindi Jones

I've told my Mormon family that when I die, my husband will be taking care of the arrangements.  I am to be immediately cremated before they are notified that I'm dead.  They are free to hold any kind of ceremony they wish, but I will not be there.  I do not want this same thing to happen to me.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

brina

Quote from: Witch of Sadness on November 18, 2006, 07:49:39 PM
Hi Folks,

On Friday I was on a burial celebration of a good friend. She had like me at the Mormons and she also had been transsexual like me. She had committed suicide because she was excluded from the LDS and her Mormon family turned away from her.
At the burial ceremony I met the relatives of my deceased friend. It was hurtful to me as I saw that they ignored her first name which was changed from male into female and that she already had her transsition. Because they always talked about her in a manly form.
Both Mormons and her transsexual friend were present, to gave her the last honor on the cemetery. I saw how contemptuously, frightened or furious looked the family of my deceased friend to her transgendered friends. Funny, I thought! The Mormons demand tolerance of others but they aren't ready to give others tolerance. Whether it lies at the "water"?

WoS

Hiee,
  I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and saddened by the utter lack of respect shown by her family members. I suppose it has something to do with the belief that 'God does not make Mistakes nor Play Curel jokes on his Children' ,hmmmmmmmm.
  When I truly die this time around, I hope that my expectations of being a cosmic butterfly come true, and I am able to flit about the universe and experience it in all of its awe and wonderment :).

Byee,
  Brina
  •