Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Christians complain about ban that bans discrimination against gays.

Started by meh, July 22, 2010, 08:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meh

Christian activists complain that ordinance that bans discrimination against gays discriminates against Christians right to discriminate against gays...

"A proposed ordinance in Memphis, Tenn., that would ban discrimination against gays is causing outrage among some local critics who say the ordinance itself would be discriminatory -- against people who oppose homosexuality because of their religious beliefs.

"It's going to discriminate against people of faith who are Christians in their worldview, and I believe with all my heart that they have rights too," says Bellevue Baptist Church Pastor Steven Gaines."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/20/proposed-changes-memphis-anti-discrimination-policy-raise-fears-discrimination/

lol .....what? And of course the article comments are always fun to read. Especially on the Fox News website.

•  

Zack

They cite 'religious beliefs' as an excuse for everything! It's so infuriating.
"Politics is the art of controlling your environment."

•  

Janet_Girl

Yes they have their right to worship as they see fit.  But their "'world view" ends when they try to flaunt it in my face.

And your religion does not allow you to tell me how to live my life.
  •  

cynthialee

Quote from: Janet Lynn on July 22, 2010, 09:42:21 PM
Yes they have their right to worship as they see fit.  But their "'world view" ends when they try to flaunt it in my face.

And your religion does not allow you to tell my how to live my life.
QFT!
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

spacial

They may have a point.

If I declare that I sincerely believe that I have a right to kill people who disagree with me, then the laws against murder are discriminatory.

I want my rights dammit!
  •