Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

Defective Syringes?

Started by Jamie-o, August 01, 2010, 02:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jamie-o

When I look at the latest bunch of syringes I got from Stohecker's, it seems as if the needle juts out at a slight angle away from the syringe.  It's subtle enough that I'm not completely sure, but the last 3 shots I did with those needles also hurt like heck.  So this last time I went back to some other syringes that I had before, and the shot was like normal.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Do you think I got a bad lot of syringes? 
  •  

Flan

I have part of a box of syringes that are like that, where the needle is at an angle to the hub, never had a problem with injecting though, which would be the case if the needle bevel was make badly (causing coring of the tissues - uber pain).
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

Cindy ✅

Seen this occasionally in the hospital. Take them back for an exchange. The slight angle will affect how 'quick and clean' the needle goes in. Also depends if you are a push or stab. Stab with a bent needle will hurt more. And don't try and straighten them yourself :laugh:

Cindy
  •