Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

May be next the Governor of Tennessee? A GOP Canitidate

Started by annajasmine, August 03, 2010, 12:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet_Girl

Just goes to show that you don't need charisma or even be able to speak clearly to run for Governor.
  •  

annajasmine

I thought interview was like a joke when when I first was it.

In the there have a lot of crazy politicians.

Later,
Anna
  •  

lisagurl

QuoteIn the there have a lot of crazy politicians.

You do not travel very much in TN. There are many different cultures in those hills. If you want a good laugh look at Gore.
  •  

AmySmiles

As I understand it, there is a story behind that video (could be wrong, I think I heard it on the radio).  He originally wanted to talk longer than they gave him, but was told he had to cut his speech down to a minute at the last minute.  Obviously he did it very badly, but I don't think he's that inarticulate on purpose :P
  •  

tekla

I don't think he's that inarticulate on purpose

I'll quote Lisa on that one:
You do not travel very much in TN.

The democratic candidate for Senator in one of the Carolinas (like it even makes a difference which one) is perhaps even worse.

And then you have people who actually can speak somewhat, like Sharon Angle in Nevada who you can actually understand what they are saying and all ends up sounding like 'deerp,' 'warbagarble,' and 'bat>-bleeped-< crazy.'

She was actually quoted as opposing abortion - even in cases of rape and incest - by saying that was "God's plan."

Real Transcript.
Manders: Is there any reason at all for an abortion?
Angle: Not in my book.
Manders: So, in other words, rape and incest would not be something?
Angle: You know, I'm a Christian and I believe that God has a plan and a purpose for each one of our lives and that he can intercede in all kinds of situations and we need to have a little faith in many things.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •